What sucks worse: Tubby or the Crowd?

EG#9

Reaction score
Hey Tubby, call another f'ing timeout to set up a play! You were only 0-3 tonight. Way to be totally unprepared for the press with Michigan State down 6 with under 4 to play. To use FOT's new favorite gimmick: Izzo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tubby

I cannot say enough bad things about the crowd. This sums it up: MSU on the line with under a minute to play in a tie game and I can hear a pin drop in the Barn? If you are not going to get off your ass and make as much noise as possible in that situation, why are you at a basketball game?

Close to a who replaces Tubby Thread...but not quite there yet!!

Hey Tubby, call another f'ing timeout to set up a play! You were only 0-3 tonight. Way to be totally unprepared for the press with Michigan State down 6 with under 4 to play. To use FOT's new favorite gimmick: Izzo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tubby

I cannot say enough bad things about the crowd. This sums it up: MSU on the line with under a minute to play in a tie game and I can hear a pin drop in the Barn? If you are not going to get off your ass and make as much noise as possible in that situation, why are you at a basketball game?

Izoo > anybody but Coach K and Roy Williams.

Agreed that the crowd sucked, but it wasn't Tubby's fault that Chip had his man beat off the dribble and chose to take a step back three.

F the crowd. Crowds don't win games. Good players win games. Good coaches prepare good players and win games. Great coaches prepare decent players and win games (Bo Ryan).

The crowd was embarrassing and the team played spiritless the entire game. Every player on the team should hang their head today for lack of effort. MSU wanted the game more and simply won the loose ball game, which was the end factor, especially considering that's how they eventually took the lead at the end - on a series of extra-hustle plays.

You can't run every single dam play out of timeouts for Hoffarber. Sorry, but every team knows he is gonna be the one to take the shot. Pretty simple really. Let someone else have a poke at it.

The crowd was embarrassing and the team played spiritless the entire game. Every player on the team should hang their head today for lack of effort. MSU wanted the game more and simply won the loose ball game, which was the end factor, especially considering that's how they eventually took the lead at the end - on a series of extra-hustle plays.
This sums it up well. Disappointing all around.

After timeouts.

They did run a play after a timeout for Mbakwe who ended talking a very bad sky hook. I was surprised to see him take such a weak shot, especially since he didn't get doubled.

can't blame the crowd for the team's poor play. team had no energy from the start in the biggest game of the year. blame squarely on the head coach for not having his team prepared. crowd just understands that this isn't a good team.

They really seem to have issues with taking the last shot...11 seconds left and you're shooting a step back 3? Pound it inside, draw the foul and go to OT....All comes back to guard issues, I doubt Tubby drew it up that way..

Crowd sucked

But it always does. Lame fans.

Has anyone else noticed that if Tubby gets into the game the crowd follows suit? I'm sorry, I love Tubby but he looked completely disinterested tonight. If he and the players are going to mail it in the rest of the way then the fans aren't far behind.

can't blame the crowd for the team's poor play. team had no energy from the start in the biggest game of the year. blame squarely on the head coach for not having his team prepared. crowd just understands that this isn't a good team.

The coach had the team prepared. The problem is that the coach is so completely stubborn that he insists on starting the super s-l-o-w and tentative starting lineup and play it for the first 8 minutes of each game now. He was the last person in the building to realize that the tall lineup wasn't going to work. The tall lineup took the air out of the building right from the start. And there they all were- the same group out there starting the second half. You are right about the crowd - the crowd was not happy with what it saw in terms of the offensive side of the ball. Let's face it Tubby's offense is terrible WITH good point guards. Now it's beyond awful.

I feel like too many students show up at the game to just socialize. Some girl in the student section told me to chill out because I was cheering too loud. :rolleyes:

The coach had the team prepared. The problem is that the coach is so completely stubborn that he insists on starting the super s-l-o-w and tentative starting lineup and play it for the first 8 minutes of each game now. He was the last person in the building to realize that the tall lineup wasn't going to work. The tall lineup took the air out of the building right from the start. And there they all were- the same group out there starting the second half. You are right about the crowd - the crowd was not happy with what it saw in terms of the offensive side of the ball. Let's face it Tubby's offense is terrible WITH good point guards. Now it's beyond awful.

Might as well start the rumor that Rodney is guarenteed a start no matter how bad he plays. Even casual basketball fans think the team is twice as good with Chip or Holins and Hoff together. Bring Iverson off the bench too. I would start both Chip and Hollins.

Top Bottom