How Do We Lose Again???

Too many pussys on one team? Bad coaching? Ralph Sampson?

not really that perplexing. they are just not a good basketball team.

I think Glen Mason was phoning in the play calls over the last 3 minutes.

I turned down plans tonight to watch the game, but I'm officially finished with this season.

No point guard, hard to beat decent teams or win on the road without a point guard.

Because we have about 2 guys on this team who deserve to be playing major conference basketball........... and a coach to can't coach offense. Pretty obvious.

who is starting the who replaces Tubby thread.... I refuse to do it....:D

If you watch the end of the game carefully, you will see that Ralph could have changed how the game ended. Watch his sloppy play, watch him just stare the ball into a MSU player's hands instead of gone after it. Watch him bat the ball almost out of bounds even though no one was around him. Offensively, he is more refined than Iverson, but atleast Iverson gives effort.

Got to get Hoff off the point... seriously

This needs to be addressed. Tubby needs to trust his younger players. With his current starting lineup, he is just gambling. Can the opponent shoot better than 30%???

Agree 100%. He looks like he would rather be studying. Such a joke.

One made basket in the last 2 minutes and a simple rebound from sampson and we win that game. Or better yet Tubby pulling his head out of ass and preparing his guys to react to pressure and MSU doesn't score 7 straight points to erase our lead. Could it be any easier!!!

We've had a lot of bad luck but we are not creating any good luck with our horrible, bonehead plays.

Rant over.

If you watch the end of the game carefully, you will see that Ralph could have changed how the game ended. Watch his sloppy play, watch him just stare the ball into a MSU player's hands instead of gone after it. Watch him bat the ball almost out of bounds even though no one was around him. Offensively, he is more refined than Iverson, but atleast Iverson gives effort.

Really Sampson is why we got beat? How about Hoff going 1-8 and unable to get the offense into its sets. Sampson had the best game of any gopher tonight and you are blaming him? Sampson makes three consecutive nice plays around the 5:00 mark, a jump hook, big defensive board, and pass to maverick. Without him tonight MSU wins by double figures.

Yes he struggles to box out on the defensive side, but out of a zone most seven footers will have trouble locating defenders and boxing them out.

Just rewatch the last two minutes. Plus I didn't say I he was the reason why we got beat. You quoted me, read what I said. I said... "Ralph could have changed how the game ended."

Ok you win buddy, but it's just hard to watch Ralph stare the ball into the person he's guarding's hands and not even make a move for it.

Really Sampson is why we got beat? How about Hoff going 1-8 and unable to get the offense into its sets. Sampson had the best game of any gopher tonight and you are blaming him? Sampson makes three consecutive nice plays around the 5:00 mark, a jump hook, big defensive board, and pass to maverick. Without him tonight MSU wins by double figures.

Yes he struggles to box out on the defensive side, but out of a zone most seven footers will have trouble locating defenders and boxing them out.

That says it all right there. It's not Hoffarber fault that he's playing a position he's probably never played before this year. He's a shooter who doesn't have the ability to create his own shot let alone creating shots for others. We have a PG on the squad-his name is Maverick Ahanmisi. Coach "Practice Facility" might as well play him to see what he has with him.

Someone remind me who the starting PG will be next year?

I was going to give kudos to Ralph for what was going to be a good solid game, his first IMHO in quite a few games. But then from the time out with 3:45 left in the game until the end of the game, his head was anywhere except in the game. His turnover off the inbound pass against the press was pathetic. He had no idea where the defense was.(Even my wife said he didn't have a clue.) The next time he got the ball on the in bound pass against the press, he makes a lazy pass that got deflected and nearly intercepted. His positioning allowing MSU a 2nd offensive rebound with :28 remaining was inexcusable and again lazy.

I was going to give kudos to Ralph for what was going to be a good solid game, his first IMHO in quite a few games. But then from the time out with 3:45 left in the game until the end of the game, his head was anywhere except in the game. His turnover off the inbound pass against the press was pathetic. He had no idea where the defense was.(Even my wife said he didn't have a clue.) The next time he got the ball on the in bound pass against the press, he makes a lazy pass that got deflected and nearly intercepted. His positioning allowing MSU a 2nd offensive rebound with :28 remaining was inexcusable and again lazy.

Someone that watched the same game that I did. Thank you.

Whatever they do they have to get Hoffarber off the point the rest of the season. He's not quick enough to get the offense going. It has to impact the other players and drag down the offense.

Sampson had a decent game. Sampson, Mbwake, Armelin, and Hollins in spots, came to play.

Woody:

Andre Hollins will be our PG. Happy?

I thought he was more of a SG. That's what most recruiting services have him listed as.

If Tubby plans on playing him at PG from day one then yes, I am happy. Thanks for asking.

I am not blaming the loss of the game on Ralph just as I didn't feel it was right to blame Hoff for the other loss, but as the say on ESPN,"C'mon man!!" I am blaming the loss on 3 things: 37.5% FGM, 60% FTM, 15 TO

The play that made me the most mad was the Blake foul after another offensive rebound for MSU (27 seconds left). Why foul? First Blake lost his man, then lost the rebound to his guy, then fouled him out of frustration. Plus, the State player was about to leave the ground to make a bad pass. Add on the fact that he was double teamed. You would think a 2nd team/all american scholastic player would know better!

Top Bottom