NCAA rules on UConn: Calhoun gets 3-game suspension next season

:confused:Way to bring the hammer NCAA. Is Central Connecticut State also getting the death penalty?

:confused:Way to bring the hammer NCAA. Is Central Connecticut State also getting the death penalty?

The NCAA is deferring all future penalties, and collectively enforse them, of all recruiting violations of all colleges and lay them all to Cleveland State.

The NCAA is deferring all future penalties, and collectively enforse them, of all recruiting violations of all colleges and lay them all to Cleveland State.

I'd really love to know what penalties Minnesota would get for the same infractions. Maybe about a 5-year post-season ban and about 5 scholarships/year taken away? Sounds about right.

I'd really love to know what penalties Minnesota would get for the same infractions. Maybe about a 5-year post-season ban and about 5 scholarships/year taken away? Sounds about right.

Good job howeda7...It did not take you long to read between the lines of my message. Another typical example of It's not who ya know, It's who ya blow.

Good job howeda7...It did not take you long to read between the lines of my message. Another typical example of It's not who ya know, It's who ya blow.

The sad thing is pre-ESPN and Jim Calhoun, UConn was nothing. Complete zero. And now they can get away with murder unlike MN and many others.

I have to admit, my first thought was,

"Yes, that 3-game suspension will sure team 'em a lesson."

Pretty much any punishment that doesn't include a NCAA-imposed postseason ban, I don't pay any attention to it. Coaches can talk all they want about how hard it is to be docked scholarships, recruiting visits, phone calls & all that stuff, but postseason bans are the only penalties that will serve as a true deterrent. To me this just sounds like business as usual for UConn.

And no, Minnesota isn't picked on by the NCAA. We got what we deserved.

Hmmm, the article says that Calhoun dismissed a player in question for violating a restraining order against a woman. Huh, I guess that player wasn't grabbing 10+ boards a game :)

No Excuse BUT

Calhoun does what many Div I coaches do.

He just got caught doing it.

Top Bottom