Please, no NIT highlights tonight on the scoreboard

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
To the geniuses (I'm sounding like Sid) who during the Illinois game thought it was a good idea to highlight the Gophers' 1993 NIT championship on the Jumbo Board, please don't repeat it tonight. Here we have a struggling Gopher team scratching & clawing to avoid staying out of the tournament nobody wants to play in, and someone decides it's a good time to celebrate a NIT championship? Not a brilliant move by the person who made that final decision. Perhaps a promo highlighting previous Gopher success in the NCAA Tournament (the tournament everyone wants to play in) would have been a tad more appropriate?

Please, don't make the same mistake again tonight. Save the "NIT glorification" for a cupcake game in November or December, when the NIT isn't such a potentially sobering reality for Gopher staff, players & fans.

Agreed. The Illini fans had to be laughing at that one.

I have never understood this program's desire to celebrate NIT appearances and championships. Nobody else admits to being in that tourney. We hang effing banners celebrating it. It's all about expectations I guess.

I'm just glad that Kerwin Flemming is no longer highlighted during the "Boston Scientific Heart of the Game" award like he was for about 3-4 years after his non-heart of the game inspiring career.

Go Gophers!!

Agreed. The Illini fans had to be laughing at that one.

I have never understood this program's desire to celebrate NIT appearances and championships. Nobody else admits to being in that tourney. We hang effing banners celebrating it. It's all about expectations I guess.

Couldn't agree more. Tubby needs to do what Craig Esherick did at Georgetown and hang all the NIT banners over the urinals.

Top Bottom