Gophers -3 tomorrow

I can't see us winning

How will we match up with Kalin Lucas and MSU's high pressure D and an offense that looks to push the tempo quickly. They are actually playing fairly well now and have a sense of urgency that was lacking early in the season.

Don't mention MSU and defense in the same sentence, or anything about pushing the tempo. This is not a typical MSU team.

:eek:

EDIT: For some reason I picked MN -3 in the PPD, going against my original post. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and have that "what was I thinking for picking MN" moment.

2nd EDIT: Stayed with my Michigan State pick

Seriously though, their offense is middle of the road at best, and doesn't force many turnovers. They are the worst shooting team in the Big Ten. They rank 221st in possessions per game. I don't think we will win, but it has a lot more to do with who we have than what they do.

We have nobody that can match up with...

Verdell Jones
D. McCeamy (sp?)
T. Battle.
K. Lucas?

They have enough size to negate any advantage we might have. Guard play? Forget about it. I really hope I'm incorrect, as I am quite frequently. Don't have a good vibe about this one though.

Must win game and a game the Gophers should win at home. If they can get the win, I love their chances of going 2-1 or better the rest of the way.

Don't mention MSU and defense in the same sentence, or anything about pushing the tempo. This is not a typical MSU team.

100% agree. It seems shocking to me that so many on the Hole are writing this game off to an underachieving, inconsistent team with such glaring issues themselves. We have a great chance at home tomorrow. There is, after all, a reason they actually play the games. On paper, there is no way Iowa should beat MSU by 20, but they did. There's no way USC should beat Texas by 17, but they did. There's no way College of Charleston should beat Tennessee by 13, but they did. Are we struggling? Yup. Do we need a true point guard with experience? Yup. But anything can happen on any given day, and when you have two teams that have been as inconsistent, plagued by injuries, transfers, expulsions, and off-court issues as Mich St and MN have this year, there is just no way of knowing who will win. In fact, I would argue that while Mich St. is certainly playing better than they were earlier in the year, they are one of the few teams who have had as many distractions and faced as much adversity as the Gophers. They are by no means the team they have been in the past, and they are certainly still challenged by inconsistent play themselves. If we control their other scorers, Lucas can score 20 and we can still win. I have been as frustrated as anyone at how the year has gone, but the fact of the matter is that we play them at home so we have a great chance.

Go Gophs!

100% agree. It seems shocking to me that so many on the Hole are writing this game off to an underachieving, inconsistent team with such glaring issues themselves. We have a great chance at home tomorrow. There is, after all, a reason they actually play the games. On paper, there is no way Iowa should beat MSU by 20, but they did. There's no way USC should beat Texas by 17, but they did. There's no way College of Charleston should beat Tennessee by 13, but they did. Are we struggling? Yup. Do we need a true point guard with experience? Yup. But anything can happen on any given day, and when you have two teams that have been as inconsistent, plagued by injuries, transfers, expulsions, and off-court issues as Mich St and MN have this year, there is just no way of knowing who will win. In fact, I would argue that while Mich St. is certainly playing better than they were earlier in the year, they are one of the few teams who have had as many distractions and faced as much adversity as the Gophers. They are by no means the team they have been in the past, and they are certainly still challenged by inconsistent play themselves. If we control their other scorers, Lucas can score 20 and we can still win. I have been as frustrated as anyone at how the year has gone, but the fact of the matter is that we play them at home so we have a great chance.

Go Gophs!

+1

The money's coming in on MSU

After the line started at Gophers -3 it then hiked up to Gophers -3.5, but now a lot of money must be coming in on Sparty. The line is down to Gophers -2.5.

Top Bottom