Gophs hanging on as #12 seed in Lunardi's latest bracket

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Joey Brackets and I disagree on 1 team at this point. He has Marquette in the tournament, in its place I have Colorado State. Looks like we're on the same page about Gophers. ... just barely outside of the "last 4 in" crowd.

"Last 4 Ins"
Lunardi: Boston College, Butler, Gonzaga, Memphis
SS: Alabama, Colorado State, Gonzaga, Virginia Tech

"First 4 Outs"
Lunardi: Baylor, Colorado State, Richmond, UAB
SS: Richmond, Southern Miss, UAB, VCU

ESPN has one thing right

With conference tournaments starting next week, it truly is judgment week this week.

A team like the Gophers can pretty much play its way out of the tournament this week with a pair of home losses, or it can all but secure a bid by going 2-0 against two teams it is battling for Big Ten Tournament seeding and NCAA qualifying. Ditto for a ton of teams across the country. This is the week I think we truly find out whether the Gophers without their PG are capable of beating decent teams (Sparty & Michigan).

Lunardi has the play-in games on different lines, one on the 12 line and one the 11. I believe the NCAA has said they will be on the same line, whether 11 or 12, etc.

Sunday

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Joey Brackets and I disagree on 1 team at this point. He has Marquette in the tournament, in its place I have Colorado State. Looks like we're on the same page about Gophers. ... just barely outside of the "last 4 in" crowd.

Our "Last 4 Ins"
Lunardi: Boston College, Butler, Gonzaga, Memphis
SS: Alabama, Colorado State, Gonzaga, Virginia Tech

Our "First 4 Outs"
Lunardi: Baylor, Colorado State, Richmond, UAB
SS: Richmond, Southern Miss, UAB, VCU

Sunday,

GopherWarrior may not like YOUR take on that.

:)

Whatever is gonna happen, I don't have a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing clue. Nor does anyone else. Let the games play out and go from there.

man if butler dont win the horizon league, how are they in? they lost to my school, Youngstown State for crying out loud.

There aren't many (if any) bubble teams that don't have at least one or two bad losses. But yes, losing to the Penguins is certainly a stain on the Butler resume.

If the gophers beat Michigan State, they could probably go 1-2 in their last 3 and make it.

SS, or anyone for that matter, how do the new four play-in games work? I'm fairly certain that two are set aside for 16-16 matchups, but how do they determine the other two? If this has been addressed before, I apologize, just sort of confused why Lunardi switches between 11-11 and 12-12.

The other two play-in games (let's call 'em what they really are) will be the final four at-larges selected to the tournament field. I don't think it's set in stone what seed-lines they'll play into, but mostly likely it will be a 12 or an 11. That's typically where we find the final at-larges.

My three college basketball teams are Minnesota, Gonzaga, and Marquette. Man, talk about sweating it out on selection sunday, haha.

Top Bottom