Former Gopher John Kundla talks: Bob Sansevere listens

True story...

In the sixth grade at Saint Austin's elementary school in North Minneapolis, John's son and I were classmates and teammates on the grade school team...1954.

One Saturday afternoon our coach was not available, so John stepped in and helped out as jaws dropped in the bleachers with the Laker icon on our bench.

Despite his best efforts, we lost, but the day was a very memorable experience with a great man a long time ago.

Wonderful that John can so lucidly share his memories with us at the age of 94.

"To have a good team you have to have a good point guard, like Boston and the Lakers."

In the sixth grade at Saint Austin's elementary school in North Minneapolis, John's son and I were classmates and teammates on the grade school team...1954.

One Saturday afternoon our coach was not available, so John stepped in and helped out as jaws dropped in the bleachers with the Laker icon on our bench.

Despite his best efforts, we lost, but the day was a very memorable experience with a great man a long time ago.

Wonderful that John can so lucidly share his memories with us at the age of 94.

I needed a gym credit to graduate so I took the fundementals of basketball course that Kundla tought on the st paul campus. One day before class I was shooting, he came over and gave me a few pointers, I have never shot the basketball as well before or since, one little correction in my release is what was needed. After that season I just couldn't get it back. I wish I could have taped that two minutes.

Top Bottom