What's up with the 3-man weave?

tjgesquire

Team Ginger
Reaction score
What's up with that offense where the three guards hand the ball off between each other for about 20 seconds until they realize that not one of them can create their own shot, then scramble and put up some garbage.
There is no movement, very easy to defend.

What's up with that offense where the three guards hand the ball off between each other for about 20 seconds until they realize that not one of them can create their own shot, then scramble and put up some garbage.
There is no movement, very easy to defend.

Same thing Monson's offense did. Offensive ineptitude that is very offensive to watch.

Same thing Monson's offense did. Offensive ineptitude that is very offensive to watch.

In defense of both Monson and the Tubster, offenses look better when you have big guys that you can reliably toss the ball into. Monson had a couple of years where his offense did not look like this- the Rickert/Holman years they were scoring at a high rate and in the last year of Hagen they tossed it inside very effectively. Our pups are not posting up strong enough yet to attract the passes and our guards aren't trusting it. I am hoping tubby's offense looks a lot different next year when these guys are sophs and we add Mbakwe and White.

Anything is better than letting Jon Williams shoot the ball or get anywhere near the court again. That was the worst part of the whole game. He has absolutely no touch at all and has no idea where the basket is either. I think he would have been better off if 4 years ago he decided to switch to football instead.

The thing is, I don't think I've seen one slip on that weave play all year. It's just an easy guard-guard switch if they never throw any variation in.

Mixing it up, or *gasp*, a backdoor cut might make the dribble hand-off even remotely effective.

My dead grandmother can read and defend that motion as they run it now.

Top Bottom