Hollins has to play the 2.

he was playing point gaurd that game. just fyi. a juco PG better be a 4 star recruit or its a waste of a scholarship as maverick already is a pg, and dosent bring much to the table. hollins would do fine at PG. who was the second leading scorer in the 3 BT games al nolen played in? al nolen. PG scores plenty in this system. i want deandre daniels.

Inferior competition. Looked like he could score at will against them. Post something he did against a good team...Oh wait. That was against Findlay, the number one high school team in the land...NEVERMIND.

Andre can play wherever he wants but yeah getting a true point guard to go along with Mav. would be wonderful.

case and point, myck kabongo, 5 star mc AA, got destroyed. I agree that a PG would be better than henry brooks. we have no need for another post player when we have 6 already next year. I really hope we dont just grab another maverick though. that doesnt help us at all.

case and point, myck kabongo, 5 star mc AA, got destroyed. I agree that a PG would be better than henry brooks. we have no need for another post player when we have 6 already next year. I really hope we dont just grab another maverick though. that doesnt help us at all.

Henry Brooks plays the wing, not a post player.

Inferior competition. Looked like he could score at will against them. Post something he did against a good team...Oh wait. That was against Findlay, the number one high school team in the land...NEVERMIND.

Andre can play wherever he wants but yeah getting a true point guard to go along with Mav. would be wonderful.

Now that was so damned funny (in bold) that I spewed beer out my nose. Thank you, it cleared my sinuses.

I'm sure he can play both

But let's face it, playing PG in the Big Ten is a grind. Watch how much physical and mental energy Blake expends playing against MSU's defense on Wednesday. My concern is not that he can't play PG, but that he would be best utilized playing SG.

Whether Andre plays the point well or not remains to be seen. But one lesson we've learned for sure this year is that it's really lousy to not have depth at the point. Even if Andre is great - and he might be - it would be nice to bring another point in.

If Trevor doesn't leave we better get another PG. If Trevor does leave, we can get another pg and a forward.

he was playing point gaurd that game. just fyi. a juco PG better be a 4 star recruit or its a waste of a scholarship as maverick already is a pg, and dosent bring much to the table. hollins would do fine at PG. who was the second leading scorer in the 3 BT games al nolen played in? al nolen. PG scores plenty in this system. i want deandre daniels.

FYI...Nolen played in 7 B10 games, not 3. He wasn't the 2nd leading scorer over those games, either, even if you don't count the Michigan game where he injured his foot.

how can anyone argue if we need a point? Maverick is shoddy at best. Andre is better suited to the two. Fine, maybe he will be adequate at ther point, but why not go after a stud. Instead of pussy footing around lets go after colvin, smith or nash. We obviously need a pg in this class otherwise we are an injury away from the same situation as this year.

FYI...Nolen played in 7 B10 games, not 3. He wasn't the 2nd leading scorer over those games, either, even if you don't count the Michigan game where he injured his foot.

Far and away, Nolen has been the best PG on the Gophers the last several years.

Hollins will be much better at the point than anyone on the current roster going into next season. We saw what happens without a point guard this year and I don't think Tubby can go into next season with only Hollins and Maverick as PG options. I will be surprised if Tubby doesn't bring in another PG and with the the news that Welch recently received an offer, it is likely that Tubby is headed in that direction.

Problem is, there just isn't that many PGs off the recruiting scrap heap that can jump right into the Big Ten and start right away.

It sure looks like Hollins will be able to score from the point if nothing else. I know that was a highlight video, but wow that was impressive!

Top Bottom