rumors from Volleytalk say Hugh McCutcheon has quit the National Team

I would like to see him be able to recruit a good class this coming year. We will need a very good OH to replace Cowles with Love leaving this year. This year's freshman class and the incoming freshmen will keep the Gophers an elite program if another good class can be recruited.

Has it been verified Love is leaving? I know there were a lot of rumors, but I'm hoping with Hugh coming now that they'll be able to hold on to her...

A quick check of their roster on GopherSports.com shows she's not even listed.....

Love is gone. And she never bothered to meet with or speak to Hugh.

I have mixed feelings on this. I would have preferred to have him coaching and recruiting this year, but coaching the Olynpic team will keep his profile high and help with recruiting in the long run. This year's recruiting is key. With Love gone and Cowles graduating next year, we need a super outside hitter, who is ready to play as a freshman (like Wittman). Hopefully, with the knowledge that we will get Hugh, Laura will be able to get a couple of highly rated players.

This will not end well. I don't care how high profile he is. This will impact two years of recruiting while we adding a very good program to the conference. If he wanted to coach here he should have been required to start now.

Top Bottom