Lets's fund the Practice facility

balds

Reaction score
2000 people@$208/month for two years

3000 people@$138/month for two years

5000 people@$83/month for two years

all equal around $10 mil.

35,000 season ticket holders for football

10,000+ season ticket holders for buckets.

Countless big shots from Joe Mauer to Target/Best Buy/Cargill, etc.

Student fees, adding it to Pork coming out of St. Paul, Bonds, financing, naming rights,advertising etc.

If my full time job were to get this thing financed, it would take less than a year.

What the hell is the hold up?

I'm down for $208 per month for two years, can I get 1,999 to join me? We could insist that the new practice facility be named the Gopherhole.

I'm concerned....

Maturi said that the cost of this facility is only $15 million. Indiana's Practice Facility was $25 million and it is pretty basic. In today's world $15 million doesn't buy much. Has any body seen any plans for this facility.? I would rather hold off a couple of years and build something "state of the art" rather than something that won't be competitive with the other big time programs in the country.

I love TCF Stadium and we need to do this right.

balds...I love your enthusiasm and the direct approach! You must be a church treasurer! Excellent name for the practice facility...Gopherhole ...regardless of who funds it!

State of the art

Funny you say that. The idea percolating in my brain is a practice facility/Best Buy new technology interactive center. On the front of the practice facility, have a Best Buy interactive showroom, allowing passers-by to check out all the new technology out there, as well as of course, buy stuff. The inner workings of the facility would of course include said new technology pimped out for all the players/coaches. Best Buy could be our Nike (Oregon) if we only ask, and volunteer a direct marketing link to our 50,000 students and key space in our great stadiums. A Medtronic physical therapy room perhaps? Lets get this thing done.

Girl Scouts

They go door to door. I've bought 8 boxes of cookies this year. I won't eat a single one. How many people work for your company? How many would give $10 in an effort to have an elite basketball team?

Tear down Williams Arena and build a new arena and practice facility. Build a basketball compound. What a waste of money to build a practice facillity in an adjacent parking lot. Williams Arena sucks. 10-15 percent of the seats are obstructed....the concourses are built for people before they got fat....no sound system....video board the size of a napkin. Tear it down.

Tear down Williams Arena and build a new arena and practice facility. Build a basketball compound. What a waste of money to build a practice facillity in an adjacent parking lot. Williams Arena sucks. 10-15 percent of the seats are obstructed....the concourses are built for people before they got fat....no sound system....video board the size of a napkin. Tear it down.

I have wondered if this isn't in play in some way. They have to have looked at the project and at least thought about the sense of building a new practice facility next to a very outdated building, as beloved it is by most fan.

Maturi said that the cost of this facility is only $15 million. Indiana's Practice Facility was $25 million and it is pretty basic. In today's world $15 million doesn't buy much. Has any body seen any plans for this facility.? I would rather hold off a couple of years and build something "state of the art" rather than something that won't be competitive with the other big time programs in the country.

I love TCF Stadium and we need to do this right.

This part of the plan has already been implemented.:cool02:

I'll be surprised if Gophers get practice facility before Tubby retires but I'll be AMAZED if this happens.

Just not gonna happen anytime soon.

Student fees

So who is supposed to bring the noise to the game now that the noise can't afford tickets?

Otherwise, I agree with the urgency and the plan, but this should be a donor-only project.

? for Lawyers/accountants on the GopherHole

so from a legal standpoint, can we set up the Gopherhole Donors LLC as a non-profit service company primarily interested in funding the building of facilities for Gopher athletics?

I have 10 hours a week from about Thanksgiving to spring thaw to donate to the cause. More time than money but I will do what I can.

If they can find the name donor, they can get it done. They just are not very well wire into the community. The point about Williams is true though, it would probably be as easy to get a name donor for a new arena at a much higher level thant $5+million for a practice facility. The broadcaster will never say "this game is coming to you from Williams Arena, right next door to the fabulous XYZ Bearing company practice facility."
The problem, even now that the economy is better, is that a company has to do it mostly for altruistic reasons, they will not get a lot of long term recognition from it.

Originally Posted by Maximus

I'll be surprised if Gophers get practice facility before Tubby retires but I'll be AMAZED if this happens.

Just not gonna happen anytime soon.

I believe there already is a plan (among other Athletic Dep't. plans) to tear down the 'Barn'...but not for another decade or so.

Top Bottom