Please Consider Helping Me Get To The Big Ten Tournament

Reaction score
Edit: As Gopher in Texas notes... it looks like the best way to vote is... Go here, then select the radio button in the top left for my submission, then Save your Vote

So.. a few nights ago I saw this post (quoted below - thanks for posting!) here on GopherHole. Been extremely busy, but finally last night I got home just before 10pm and realized I had only until 11pm to record something and get it entered into the contest. So, I set up a broken mic at the dining room table and did something quickly on one take. Absolutely horrendous job on my part, but with time winding down (excuses, excuses) I just submitted what I had about 2 minutes before the deadline.

Nonetheless, the BTN has selected me as one of ten finalists... the top three vote getters win some prizes, including a trip to Indy for the Big Ten Tourney. I promise if I make it there, I will perform a lot better in person, even though my voice will be gone from cheering on the Gophers.

Voting is open through next Sunday, February 27. It appears you can vote once a day, per computer (official rules are available at the BTN's website). If you can take a moment and vote for me, it would be much appreciated. Link to my submission and the voting screen (vote button is in the bottom left corner, I believe):

Vote for Jesse 'J.B.' Bauer / Gopher Warrior here

From the Big Ten Network:

If you go to www.bigtennetwork.com/gusmoment, fans have the opportunity to submit a video of them calling one of 11 pre-selected plays in Big Ten hoops in their best Gus Johnson impersonation. The Big Ten Network will send 3 finalists to the Big Ten Tourney in Indy, where they’ll have a chance to do a meet and greet with Gus and do their play by play in front of him. The person who Gus thinks does the best impression will win a $500 gift card to the Big Ten store. But regardless, 3 people will get a free trip out to Indy.

You got my vote and were in my objective top 2 or 3, but none touch Gus by any stretch. ;)

I think I voted - not 100% sure.
I watched GW's video then clicked "Save Vote".
Then I noticed the "Vote" tab - which now indicates my vote has been counted (probably should have went here first).

I will vote again with my PPD (I will do better the second time) - voting early and often (I like that).

gw - jaybee

My first vote is cast. I will continue to vote through the week.

I did not hear "this" guy at the Illinois game!

Best of luck.

:)

Then I noticed the "Vote" tab - which now indicates my vote has been counted (probably should have went here first).

I will vote again with my PPD (I will do better the second time) - voting early and often (I like that).

Same.

Thanks for the votes so far, folks. If you get bored this week, please do vote again... voting is open through next Sunday, 2/27. I promise to be much better at Conseco if I make it there.

Kind of sounds like Chocolate Rain.

I had to look up 'Chocolate Rain' to figure out what the reference was from.. but, funny you say that.. I recently had to look up a related reference... on a YouTube video (recorded a decade+ ago) where I am speaking, one of the 'highest rated comments' is 'guy in the back sounds like Tay Zonday.'

JayBee

Vote # 2 is on the books.

This is easy. I love to vote early and often.

:)

Don't do what I did. Make sure you go to the "Vote" tab and click on the radio selector under GW's video. Then click "Save Vote".

Took me two tries - but now I am sure my vote was counted.

JB

Vote #3 is registered.

This reminds me of when I voted for Jesse Ventura!

:D

Thanks again, folks. Keep 'em coming if you can. It takes about four seconds.. just click on the link, pick my video in the upper left by clicking the 'Vote' radio button, then click on the 'Save Vote' button in the upper middle of the screen and you're done... you can vote once per day, per location... (home computer, phone, work computer, etc).

You guys are my only hope as I have no real world friends. We may need a lot of Gopher supporters in Indy to help the team make the tourney.

http://bigtennetwork.upickem.net/engine/Votes.aspx?PageType=VOTING&contestid=25614

I voted for you because I felt bad your two teams may be facing off in the first round of the NIT. :)

My internet connection is kinda goofy these days, but I will try to keep one a day for ya. Decent baritone. :D

Round 1 ?

Out of habit I went to vote but it now says, "Please note the following:
Voting is no longer available for round 1
"

Round 1 ???

:confused:

Top Bottom