Anything concrete about Nolen?

RunGopherRun

Reaction score
Maybe I missed something, but I haven't heard much on if/when Nolen might return? Any news?

Broken Feet don't heal in 6 weeks. I really feel bad for him.

Nolen has said himself, on twitter I believe, that he's aiming for a comeback in the Big Ten Tournament.

Nolen Timetable

Wed Jan 26 had surgery.
Next Wed will be 4 weeks.
The day before the BTT will be 6 weeks.

Best case senerio-Al gets some pt during BTT and gets more pt in NCAA.

Not concrete-------------mortar. Left over from all the bricks he hoisted the last couple years.

don't hold your breath.

Agreed ... I think it is doubtful he comes back, he'd need to have made significant progress by now I'd imagine.

Not like the cast comes off and on to the court he goes.

Hope something changes with that or he is back for the NC game, but who knows.

Podiarist would say his season is over....

Unless he wants to do permanent damage to his foot. As so often quoted in the movie Good Fella's
"Forget about it "

I saw him yesterday at the Dinkytown Liquor with Colt. He was still in the boot, but seemed to be walking pretty well.

If anyone is wondering, Colt seems to like Ciroq Berry and Lemonade.

I've seen some athletes come back amazingly fast. Including from foot surgeries. His return would not be amazingly fast and not surprising.

As a team, you have to assume he won't be back, but we shall see...

Nolen has said he will not be coming back this season, it's over. He said even if he was green lit to play somehow that he could potentially injure it worse & screw up his pro career, so he won't be back. Focus now is on getting the foot ready for NBA tryouts, etc.

Nolen has said he will not be coming back this season, it's over. He said even if he was green lit to play somehow that he could potentially injure it worse & screw up his pro career, so he won't be back. Focus now is on getting the foot ready for NBA tryouts, etc.

Yeah right.

I would be more inclined to believe this if you gave me a source behind it. Preferably one that is more credible than Mr. Nolen's own Twitter account on which he has repeatedly said he hopes to be back for the Big Ten Tourney.

HEHHEHE.

Did you just say pro career??? Maybe he'll earn a year or two in the d-league, but I doubt it. He's more ready for a senior men's league at LifeTime.

I think the Chef's head is going to explode when he sees this one.

I would be more inclined to believe this if you gave me a source behind it. Preferably one that is more credible than Mr. Nolen's own Twitter account on which he has repeatedly said he hopes to be back for the Big Ten Tourney.

He said exactly that in an interview with the pioneer press two weeks ago. He wants to play professionally, most likely overseas, and if he tries to rush back and there is a chance he can re-injure it once again he will not come back because it could be career ending if he injured it once more. He said it in the tone that he probably would not come back though. Take it for what it's worth. At this point making money is more important to him than a few college games. It's his future on the line, certainly.

He said exactly that in an interview with the pioneer press two weeks ago. He wants to play professionally, most likely overseas, and if he tries to rush back and there is a chance he can re-injure it once again he will not come back because it could be career ending if he injured it once more. He said it in the tone that he probably would not come back though. Take it for what it's worth. At this point making money is more important to him than a few college games. It's his future on the line, certainly.

Thanks. Want to be optimistic based on his Twitter...hopefully he is cleared to play but this makes it not sound so good.

Top Bottom