Has Tubby ever....

topos

Reaction score
called a play at the end of the game that has gotten the shooter a great look? If so, please when?

down 3 and you have to shoot a 3.. 5.9 left you have to go the length of the floor- hard to draw up a play. Coach K doesnt have a play for that.. Penn St played soft D

FTB,

It wasn't exactly a great look. It was one-hander in traffic. It's not like Blake came off a screen and had a clear look.

So the answer might be never.

down 3 and you have to shoot a 3.. 5.9 left you have to go the length of the floor- hard to draw up a play. Coach K doesnt have a play for that.. Penn St played soft D

Especially when everybody in the building knows who is going to shoot it.

What woulda been a nice play was to have Blake slip a pass over to Maverick as he went up...Mav woulda had a second to get it off...He woulda had a wide open look from the right wing about 8 feet from where Blake shot it.

But would Tubby ever dream up something that original???

What woulda been a nice play was to have Blake slip a pass over to Maverick as he went up...Mav woulda had a second to get it off...He woulda had a wide open look from the right wing about 8 feet from where Blake shot it.

And if Maverick missed it would you have praised Tubby or blamed him for not getting Hoff a look?

Only Homer Drew had that play. The long hook and ladder play to his kid (Bryce?) worked pretty well. :)

I dont care who shoots. Just an open look.

Moses- for the most part these game ending plays requre players that can make their own shot. A John Wall type can make a coach look smarter. In a full court situation like this I think I'd have put Armelin out there. He's not a good three point shooter but he can make his own shot- unlike anybody else out there.

He is too controlling. Let them play. J Wooden always said that coaching is done in practice and the players should know what to do in those situations. I always want to toss my shoe through the TV when he does this. It helps the defense. TRUST your players!

Moses- for the most part these game ending plays requre players that can make their own shot. A John Wall type can make a coach look smarter. In a full court situation like this I think I'd have put Armelin out there. He's not a good three point shooter but he can make his own shot- unlike anybody else out there.

If someone other than Hoff were to take that last shot I would prefer Ralph. Chip or the other freshmen might get a little 'too excited'. Ralph never gets excited.;)

We've gotten plenty of looks of last minute situations, it's up to the players to knock it down, like Devoe against Purdue last season for instance.

We've gotten plenty of looks of last minute situations, it's up to the players to knock it down, like Devoe against Purdue last season for instance.

Exactly. The Devoe/Purdue example is a perfect one...it was a great baseline look that was drawn out of a timeout.

Go Gophers!!

He is too controlling. Let them play. J Wooden always said that coaching is done in practice and the players should know what to do in those situations. I always want to toss my shoe through the TV when he does this. It helps the defense. TRUST your players!

How did that work out for Iowa against Wisconsin ... TWICE?

Forced Cartwright shots, misses, losing the game (twice basically) for Iowa.

How did that work out for Iowa against Wisconsin ... TWICE?

Forced Cartwright shots, misses, losing the game (twice basically) for Iowa.

Seemed to work pretty well for Wooden. I guess he prepared his players better.

Seemed to work pretty well for Wooden. I guess he prepared his players better.

As great of a coach as Wooden was, he did have the help of two of the top five college basketball players of all time. This Gopher team doesn't quite have that level of personnel.

Let it be known that on this day, the Eighteenth of February Two Thousand and Elven, John Wooden's players were likened to the current Iowa squad.

called a play at the end of the game that has gotten the shooter a great look? If so, please when?

I remember 2 off the top of my hand from his UK days. Nazr Mohammed hit a last second "runner" to W at Vanderbilt in 1998. And Erik Daniels hit a last second LH hook shot to W an SEC game in 2004.

+1. I especially loathe the requisite TO with 4 seconds to go before halftime, which wastes 3 of those remaining 4 seconds getting the ball inbounds and leads to the Gophers not even getting off a shot before the buzzer about 3/4 of the time.

Top Bottom