squeaky shoes

MDGopherFan

Reaction score
Perhaps it is my TV, perhaps my hearing is going already at age 40, but when I'm watching the Big Ten Network, I hear squeaking shoes throughout the telecast, even when it is during a timeout, or the players are standing waiting for someone to shoot a free throw, etc. It's like pumping artificial crowd noise to make it louder in the metrodome. Perhaps there is some communication glitch with BTN. or maybe the stress of watching the gophers play is making me hear squeaky shoes. Does anyone else hear it? Or am I going crazy? :eek:

I hear that too and have wondered the same thing! It's like the fake laughter they use on sitcoms that "help" viewers know when to laugh. I wonder if the big ten network or any other basketball productions do that in order to make the televised experience more real. If so, being a rabid college hoops fan, I wouldn't mind getting a recording of that sound to fall asleep to. :rolleyes: Kinda like those recordings you can buy at department stores of lightning and rain.

Thank you!!! I'm glad i'm not the only one! I was starting to wonder if I had a problem with my TV (or my ears!!), but I only heard it on BTN and only during a game. it's the strangest thing.

Top Bottom