Marcus thinks Andre Hollins will have a pretty good freshman year

fryguy22

Maroon and Gold from birth
Reaction score
http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2011/02/gophers-recruit-hollins-to-pla.html

-- White Station coach Jesus Patino told me today that he expects Hollins to make a bigger impact as a freshman in college than former McDonald's All-American and current Memphis starting guard Joe Jackson.

"He'll have a better freshman year than Jackson will have," Patino said. "It'll be much better, because of his body. He weighs 195 pounds. After summer lifting with Tubby (Smith's) squad, he'll be able to get up to 205-210 pounds comfortably."

The 6-foot, 175-pound Jackson is averaging 9.3 points and 3.6 assists and has started all 26 games this season. But he's shooting just 26 percent from three-point range and 40 percent from the field. He has scored in double figures 14 times, but he has been inconsistent.

I think Patino is right. My guess is the 6-3 Hollins will average double figures and probably shoot a higher percentage as well in his first season with the Gophers. I think he'll be a very similar player to Illinois guard D.J. Richardson. But we'll see. Maybe I'm looking too far ahead.

What is he basing this off of? Has he ever seen him play or is he just going by the opinion of his HS coach?

Well, he is probably the best guard we've picked up in a long time. Seems to be able to score in a multitude of ways. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get 10 a game. But you just never know how guys may adjust to the next level of ball.

Michael Peck (Findlay coach) called him one of the 4 best players they ever faced

Dec 3, 2010
Findlay Prep beats White Station despite play of Hollins
Andre Hollins hits for 46 in loss to nationally-ranked Prep team from Las Vegas

“He is one of the best four players this program has ever faced, and I’d compare him to one of our best in Avery Bradley, who’s now with the Boston Celtics,” said Findlay coach Michael Peck, whose team was ranked first in the ESPN preseason prep poll, and is ranked fifth in Maxpreps and Rivals’ rankings. “Hollins moved, hesitated, got himself open for his shot – and from 8-15 feet, he was money all night. If he’s not considered Top 10 nationally now, he will be.”
http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...-white-station-despite-play-holl/?partner=RSS

Top Bottom