Maturi confident on practice facility

Maturi said the contract negotiations are ongoing. But he said he's confident the university has shown Smith it's committed to keeping him in town.

"I want him to be our coach, and I hear all the rumors that he may leave as well," he said. "I can't control that. I think Tubby knows that we're working hard to do what i

Can't control the rumors???? How about getting him a new contract!! More of the same from Maturi: double talk.

I heard Tubby has a new contract but has yet to sign it. That doesn't worry me though because J Robinson and John Anderson were like that for years. The question though is whether Maturi can get it done in time. The fact he's waited this long to get a baseball field completed is a fireable offense.

By the way, did you guys here Lou Nanne the other day talking about the practice facility? He said it will get done as well and the kids will need a place to practice when they replace Williams arena in the near future. After the Vikes get their stadium, I can't imagine the state being at all interested in another facility like this for a long time.

spar

I heard Tubby has a new contract but has yet to sign it. That doesn't worry me though because J Robinson and John Anderson were like that for years. The question though is whether Maturi can get it done in time. The fact he's waited this long to get a baseball field completed is a fireable offense.

By the way, did you guys here Lou Nanne the other day talking about the practice facility? He said it will get done as well and the kids will need a place to practice when they replace Williams arena in the near future. After the Vikes get their stadium, I can't imagine the state being at all interested in another facility like this for a long time.

God love him but I am afraid Lou has taken too many pucks to the head.

Maturi confident he made the drive to work today...

...or did he take the bus. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, if we were to get a practice facility, when would it be finished?

Great. He's confident they can do it by 2013.

"It's still realistic if we can raise the money,"

Yeah and my being a millionaire by 2013 is still realistic if I can raise the money too. That has always been the problem. Exactly what in this article is supposed to give us confidence this is ever going to happen? And the contract has supposedly been 'with the lawyers' since last May. How about telling us what the real issue is?

Maturi said the contract negotiations are ongoing. But he said he's confident the university has shown Smith it's committed to keeping him in town.

"I want him to be our coach, and I hear all the rumors that he may leave as well," he said. "I can't control that. I think Tubby knows that we're working hard to do what i

Can't control the rumors???? How about getting him a new contract!! More of the same from Maturi: double talk.

I think what he means is that he can't control writers from speculating. Even if a contract is signed, that won't stop people from bringing his name up.

But what do I know.

The fact he's waited this long to get a baseball field completed is a fireable offense. .

So divert resources from raising 100 million for a football stadium to fundraising for a baseball stadium?

So divert resources from raising 100 million for a football stadium to fundraising for a baseball stadium?

Long before TCF was a glimmer in anyone's eye, they had lined up enough private donors(ex MLB players) to redo Siebert. They did not do it because title IX
concerns, even though it was not using any tax money. The last vestige of the retarded dual athletic directors and M's programs. Anderson was really pissed off and that's when his name started to be mentioned for other jobs, such as at U of Miami.

Top Bottom