Henry Brooks is the third recruit?

"I would much rather defend the last shot than take it"

Sounds like a good player for Tubby's system (he can score too)

Would be a nice get, looks like he can be a SF in the mold of Damian as the article said he shut down one of the top SG prospects. Also his HS has a couple elite 2012 prospects one being a monster PF that could replace Trevor nicely in 2012. Maybe start a pipeline.

Brooks maintains a 3.9 GPA in college prep classes and is being recruited by Ivy League schools Harvard, Penn and Cornell.

It looks like we wouldn't have to worry about academics with him. Not as sexy as the rumors of a juco PG difference maker or a 5 star recruit, but he'd be a great addition.

It looks like we wouldn't have to worry about academics with him. Not as sexy as the rumors of a juco PG difference maker or a 5 star recruit, but he'd be a great addition.

Would it be possible to put him on an academic scholy and still go after a PG or a 5 star player? I just don't know the rules.

Go Gophers

I really like this trend that seems to be occurring with Tubby's recent recruits. Many of them seem to be very intelligent. I'm not aware of the intellect of our current freshman class. I do know that Austin Hollins as well as Andre Hollins are both very bright students. I know that this doesn't necessarily translate to good play on the court, but at least we can be proud that they represent our institution well in the classroom. Does anyone else see this as a trend?

Would it be possible to put him on an academic scholy and still go after a PG or a 5 star player? I just don't know the rules.

Go Gophers

It's against the rules for Tubby Smith to pursue 5 star recruits. I couldn't resist..:)

Am I reading the article wrong? Isn't he a 2012 recruit, not the current year?

It's against the rules for Tubby Smith to pursue 5 star recruits. I couldn't resist..:)

I hear you, and that is because the U of M refuses to pay those kids what they think they are worth.

I hear you, and that is because the U of M refuses to pay those kids what they think they are worth.

Almost. At the very least they refuse to stick thier head in the snowbank while someone else does.

Exactly. Tubby keeps it classy when it comes to recruiting. Though I will say the the overwhelming majority of 5 star prospects don't get paid. Let's be honest here. Some do. Most don't.

I really like this trend that seems to be occurring with Tubby's recent recruits. Many of them seem to be very intelligent. I'm not aware of the intellect of our current freshman class. I do know that Austin Hollins as well as Andre Hollins are both very bright students. I know that this doesn't necessarily translate to good play on the court, but at least we can be proud that they represent our institution well in the classroom. Does anyone else see this as a trend?

Definitely. JohnnyGopher has hinted that Tubby is sick of dealing with all of the drama the last couple seasons and seems to be focusing on recruiting players without any type of baggage. Our current freshman class along with Joe and Andre all seem like very smart and good kids who likely won't cause any problems or drama and I really think that's what Tubby's focusing on from now on. Brooks would fit right in.

Edit: Not saying other players he has recruited to come here aren't good kids, just saying he seems to be focusing on it even more now than before.

Definitely. JohnnyGopher has hinted that Tubby is sick of dealing with all of the drama the last couple seasons and seems to be focusing on recruiting players without any type of baggage. Our current freshman class along with Joe and Andre all seem like very smart and good kids who likely won't cause any problems or drama and I really think that's what Tubby's focusing on from now on. Brooks would fit right in.

Edit: Not saying other players he has recruited to come here aren't good kids, just saying he seems to be focusing on it even more now than before.

Seems to work for Bo Ryan and Wisconsin. May not be national title contenders but always compete for the top of the Big Ten and make the big dance.

None at Tulsa.

Jumaine Jones at Georgia.

Tayshaun Prince - Keith Bogans - Marvin Stone - Jason Parker - Rashaad Carruth - Kelenna Azubuike - Joe Crawford - Randolph Morris - Rajon Rondo at UK.

Royce White at Minnesota.

Seems to work for Bo Ryan and Wisconsin. May not be national title contenders but always compete for the top of the Big Ten and make the big dance.

Well we know Joel Maturi's dream is to elevate Minnesota to being 'Wisconsin-lite' so it would fall right into the master plan. ;)

Can anyone on this planet blame him? As a fan, I am really tired of all the drama with all MN sports teams.

I would be pretty damn happy if Brooks or colvin filled our 3rd scholly, and heart attack shocked if Daniels filled it. Devoe leaving, being that he was a cancer in the first place, is making me even more happy now.

There's a big difference between "pursuing" 5* recruits and actually getting them to come here. Tubby has certainly pursued them. I wouldn't expect you to know that though.

Yes. I've been watching this and am pleased to see the trend. Tubby's friend, Herb Sendek, appears to be doing the same at ASU.

Top Bottom