Jim Boeheim gets critical of fans and media's criticism

BleedGopher

Reaction score
“When we lose a couple, we’re not playing right,” Boeheim said during his post game press conference. “People think the season’s over.

“The season’s over when we play 18 games in the league. We have four more games left by that count. People start talking about the end of the world around here when it starts raining. It rains a lot here. I think we need to keep prospective a little bit.”

“There are some coaches in the hall of fame that I’ve beat 80 percent of the time,” Boeheim said. “And you’re going to look at a couple of coaches that beat me? I’ve coached against Rick Pitino when he was at Providence five times and once at Kentucky where we were 6-0 against them.

“One of his teams went to the Final Four, we beat them three times. So now we’re all the sudden going to put in the paper that I’ve lost six straight to Rick Pitino? Why don’t we put that I beat him six straight? Go ahead. That’s really good. Why don’t you keep doing that? That’s really good. I appreciate that.”

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde...etball_vs_west_vi_2.html?loc=interstitialskip

Go Gophers!!

“When we lose a couple, we’re not playing right,” Boeheim said during his post game press conference. “People think the season’s over.

“The season’s over when we play 18 games in the league. We have four more games left by that count. People start talking about the end of the world around here when it starts raining. It rains a lot here. I think we need to keep prospective a little bit.”

“There are some coaches in the hall of fame that I’ve beat 80 percent of the time,” Boeheim said. “And you’re going to look at a couple of coaches that beat me? I’ve coached against Rick Pitino when he was at Providence five times and once at Kentucky where we were 6-0 against them.

“One of his teams went to the Final Four, we beat them three times. So now we’re all the sudden going to put in the paper that I’ve lost six straight to Rick Pitino? Why don’t we put that I beat him six straight? Go ahead. That’s really good. Why don’t you keep doing that? That’s really good. I appreciate that.”

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde...etball_vs_west_vi_2.html?loc=interstitialskip

Go Gophers!!

It looks like Tubby is not alone out there dealing with this new-age journalists. Boeheim was one of the coaches who praised Tubby for coming to MN. He said,"I knew Tubby was smart but I didn't know that he was that smart".

Go Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Good for Boeheim. Many fans and most in the media are utterly clueless.

I really like Jim Boeheim. He's a great coach, and really sticks up for his players. I remember seeing a video him going off when Gerry Mcnamara was being called overrated my their own media people.

It looks like Tubby is not alone out there dealing with this new-age journalists. Boeheim was one of the coaches who praised Tubby for coming to MN. He said,"I knew Tubby was smart but I didn't know that he was that smart".

Go Gophers

add Roy Williams

As Syracuse is my number 2 college basketball obsession....I love when Jimmy gets in these moods. He is great.

“Without Gerry McNamara we wouldn't have won 10 f-- games. Not ten. We wouldn't even be here to even have a chance to win this game. … It's the most bull-- I've seen in 30 years, especially in our own paper. Anonymous assistant coaches. Let that assistant coach come up to me and say that. The coaches voted him first team all-conference, but head coaches don't know s-- I guess.”

-Boeheim

Top Bottom