Blind Resume (Part II)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
1 at-large spot available. You are the NCAA Selection Committee. Which team do you select?

Team A
Record: 16-9
Conference Standing: tied for 6th
vs. Top 50: 1-6
vs.Top 100: 7-9
Road/Neutral Record: 4-7
Overall SOS: 8
Nonconference SOS: 46
Last 12: 6-6
Bad Losses (RPI 101+): 0
Best 3 Wins by RPI: #2, #63, #66 (total = 131)

Team B
Record: 16-8
Conference Standing: tied for 8th place
vs. Top 50: 3-2
vs.Top 100: 5-7
Road/Neutral Record: 5-7
Overall SOS: 66
Nonconference SOS: 195
Last 12: 5-7
Bad Losses (RPI 101+): 1
Best 3 Wins by RPI: #27, #32, #46 (total = 105)

If you think you know who the teams are, I ask that you not post them by name. I'll reveal the teams at noon, then follow with our last (and presumably most difficult) resume exercise for the day.

Team A takes it because: better standing in their conference, better nonconference SOS, no bad losses and a better overall SOS.

Team B's 3 best wins are better than A's, but the nonconference SOS is terrible.

This one is really tough. I'd probably need to look at their last 12 games and see who they have beaten/lost to in that time.

I'm inclined to go with team A, but if that victory against #2 was back in November I'd probably leave them home and go with team B. Or maybe Team C.

I'd take team B just looking at these figures - but I have a feeling the committee will take team A because of who these wins are not against and other factors that are not listed in this comparison (a hint to who these teams are ;))

I go with Team A. I accidentally posted who I thought it was before I edited. oops.

Team A again. Record vs RPI Top 50 might not be the best but record against RPI 50-100 is excellent and I like zero bad loses for them as well.

I feel like I'd lean B, but I'll say A cause of the stronger schedule, big win, and no bad loss.

Team A = K-State, Team B = Oklahoma State

I'd take K-State, but I have the advantage of knowing who #2 was (Kansas last night). Plus, I like the fact they've played a much tougher schedule than Ok State. However, Ok State did win the head-to-head matchup vs. K-State.

Last one coming up. I still haven't decided who I like better for this last one.

I'd take K-State, but I have the advantage of knowing who #2 was (Kansas last night). Plus, I like the fact they've played a much tougher schedule than Ok State. However, Ok State did win the head-to-head matchup vs. K-State.

Last one coming up. I still haven't decided who I like better for this last one.

Got A right. B wasn't even close haha.

I have not peeked yet, so before I do, I will go with A.

I thought that was K-St (Team A). I think they're gonna be in the NCAA tourney.

Another way of differentiating these teams is to look at their record versus teams 50-100.

A: 6-3
B: 2-5

That to me is a pretty telling difference. Team A struggled against the top competition but, combined with no 100+ losses, beats the teams they should.

Top Bottom