Joe Coleman height

MaroonGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know his true height? I actually saw 6-foot-3 on Scout.com, which would obviously be far too short for his projected position at SF. I assume he's several inches taller now.

Lots of teams play a three guards anyway, so the "3" spot can easily be occupied by somebody that height. Moe Hargrow essentially played 3-guard, for example.

He's definitely taller than 6'3" in shoes.

Agreed. When I was coaching last year, I stood next to him and he was clearly at least 6'4" with shoes on. I'm assuming he is a little taller this year.

Putting a positive spin on Joe's potential, I look at him as a more polished Chip Armelin. He is taller, stronger, and has a better stroke than Chip. Joe has dominated at the high school level, something that Chip did not do (from what I can tell). I am excited to see them both on the court slashing and getting to the line a lot.

Also, for people that haven't seen Joe play, you will be pleasantly surprised by his competitive streak. He is a feisty player on the court, and likes to mix it up. He tries to dunk on everyone. Compared to his older brother, he is VERY aggressive. I'm excited to see him play.

I was at a Hopkins practice last week, and had a nice chat w/ Ken Novak Sr (enjoys watching his son coach daily)... he kept talking about how it's amazing that nobody on Hopkins is above 6'4''... Coleman, at best, is 6'4'' w/ shoes.

Agreed. When I was coaching last year, I stood next to him and he was clearly at least 6'4" with shoes on. I'm assuming he is a little taller this year.

Putting a positive spin on Joe's potential, I look at him as a more polished Chip Armelin. He is taller, stronger, and has a better stroke than Chip. Joe has dominated at the high school level, something that Chip did not do (from what I can tell). I am excited to see them both on the court slashing and getting to the line a lot.

Also, for people that haven't seen Joe play, you will be pleasantly surprised by his competitive streak. He is a feisty player on the court, and likes to mix it up. He tries to dunk on everyone. Compared to his older brother, he is VERY aggressive. I'm excited to see him play.

You are correct that Joe is aggressive, plays hard. Disagree that he has a better stroke than Chip. Both are slashers and much prefer to put it on the floor and create contact. At this point, Joe is not a good shooter. Average at best.

I was at a Hopkins practice last week, and had a nice chat w/ Ken Novak Sr (enjoys watching his son coach daily)... he kept talking about how it's amazing that nobody on Hopkins is above 6'4''... Coleman, at best, is 6'4'' w/ shoes.

I'd buy that he's 6'4" in shoes and probably not any shorter. My buddies and I saw him at Five Guys following the Ohio State game. I'm 6'1" and Coleman was definitely a couple inches taller than me. One of the guys I was with is about 6'4" and they looked to be of similar heights, with maybe a slight advantage to Coleman.

You are correct that Joe is aggressive, plays hard. Disagree that he has a better stroke than Chip. Both are slashers and much prefer to put it on the floor and create contact. At this point, Joe is not a good shooter. Average at best.

Chip shoots 14% from the three point line, so it's not like he's a great three point shooter. He has a solid midrange pullup though. I would guess Coleman is a more reliable three point shooter.

Chip shoots 14% from the three point line, so it's not like he's a great three point shooter. He has a solid midrange pullup though. I would guess Coleman is a more reliable three point shooter.

I like Coleman. I'd venture to guess he's a 30-35%% jumpshooter for the year. Not horrible but he won't be a consistent 3 threat right away. His competitive streak is on display everytime he plays. I'll take that next year.

Coleman has a much better jumper than Chip. Coleman's midrange game is better than most people think.

Dan was around 6'8", and I think there was another Coleman brother around the same height, though I could be wrong on that point ... yeah, it would be great if Joe grew another inch or 2

I haven't seen Joe play much... is he really not a better shooter than Chip at this point? That's slightly upsetting.

I haven't seen Joe play much... is he really not a better shooter than Chip at this point? That's slightly upsetting.

I think most other people would agree that Joe is a better shooter, unless Chip is just having an off year from the three point line. He is definitely at his best when he is attacking the basket though.

joe is a better shooter than chip. id put him at a austin hollins right now. around 39% fgs his freshman year is my guess

Joe is not a pure shooter, or a true shooter. He definitely plays a slashing guard like Chip, but has a high basketball iq and has a lot of muscle on his frame already. He shoots like Dan-high release and shoots a really high ball.

Top Bottom