what is our problem

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
how come i see all these tournaments in hawaii, virgin islands, puerto rico and we were stuck in the abc tournament. i know that it is nice to be the host--but maybe i would have tried to rearrange my schedule to make it out to maui for a gopher game;)

Those tournaments typically involve mostly Division I caliber teams and often times ranked teams, something Tubby apparently doesn't want a part of...

lake buena vista florida is nicer than minneapolis in late nov. for sure.:cool:

but florida beaches can't mach those caribbean and hawaiian beaches

Those tournaments typically involve mostly Division I caliber teams and often times ranked teams, something Tubby apparently doesn't want a part of...
A young, inexperienced team getting drilled by 30 against UNC or UConn in mid-November is something Tubby doesn't want to be a part of.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we in Maui for the Maui Invitational in like 1994 or 1995? I seem to remember us making that trip and either winning or coming up second in the consolation round.

There was also a Great Alaska Shootout in there somewhere too, where we won the whole thing by beating Arizona, Villanova and BYU. (I know that isn't anywhere warm, but I'm trying to remember everything correctly, which can be a challenge :p)

We also won some tourney in Puerto Rico during the final four year too, I think.

I know, its all water under the bridge at this point. But we still have at least one warm place where we're playing a game this year: We play Louisville in Glendale, AZ just before the start of the Big Ten season.

Top Bottom