I am DONE with the Gophers!

GopherLady

Reaction score
After reading some of these threads, that's what I'd think from a number of our fans.

Realistically, we had a terrible game. I don't think Tubby, the players, or any fan will dispute that. Also, it was ONE game. This was a game we didn't ever expect to win at the beginning of the season, nor did we need to win.

Of course this loss sucks. Let's not mince words. But this is the same team that has busted their butts all year, upset some great teams, and is a top 25 team. I'm guessing, they've exceeded most of our expectations by a lot.

I don't see us having another game like this (hopefully ever, not just this season), I think that no one will take it worse than the team and the coaches do. So, let's just put things in perspective....our players don't suck, Tubby doesn't, and we just need to move forward and focus on the rest of the season.

Personally, I'd rather have a game like this in the beginning of February, than in March Madness...where I still expect us to go.

I see nothing wrong with a few post pointing out faults after an absolute A$$ Kicking like this. I think people forget that this is an open forum and there is nothing wrong with talking about our short comings in losses just as much as we talk about things that we do well in wins.

With that said, I was seriously disappointed not with the fact that we lost the game but the overall effort of our team. For having a few extra days to rest and prepare we sure looked as if we did not even get off the bus. It was kind of funny because all of MSU fans that I talked to at the game were completely floored with the performance of Minnesota, especially on the defense.

It was a sad pathetic game, but it happens. Wake Forest lost to Miami today, Duke lost to Clemson, Texas lost to Missouri, and the Gophers lost to Michigan State. Oh Well lets enjoy 18-4.

"I am DONE with the Gophers!"- Gopher Lady

I did a quadruple take when I saw that on the message board.

I see nothing wrong with a few post pointing out faults after an absolute A$$ Kicking like this. I think people forget that this is an open forum and there is nothing wrong with talking about our short comings in losses just as much as we talk about things that we do well in wins.

With that said, I was seriously disappointed not with the fact that we lost the game but the overall effort of our team. For having a few extra days to rest and prepare we sure looked as if we did not even get off the bus. It was kind of funny because all of MSU fans that I talked to at the game were completely floored with the performance of Minnesota, especially on the defense.

Oh gosh, I hope I didn't come off like that! I by no means, wanted to tell people to stop discussing the game, or ranting about it. It's therapeutic for many. That is exactly what a message board is for. There is a LOT of faults to point out - there's no doubt about that.

I was just saying the world isn't ending, the season is not over, and this is the same team that we were elated with when they beat Louisville, IL, and WI. Like Goldeneherbs said...it happens. We're all upset, but it happens. It's how you respond to games like this that shows what kind of a team you truly are.

18-4 though...who would have guessed?

We're all upset, but it happens. It's how you respond to games like this that shows what kind of a team you truly are.
Hopefully we'll respond the MSU did! :mad:

once again we'll have to look at an osu game to see if we'll be alright

Going into the three games against Illinois, MSU, and OSU I thought we needed to get one W for sure. Two would be amazing, but one would be ok. 10-8 should be enough for a trip to the dance. That would be a great season for this young team. Heck PSU came off of their win at MSU by laying an egg at Michigan. It's just life in the Big Ten. I'm still happy that we feel hurt now when we lose at MSU. We used to just expect it.

agreed, Lady. I can't believe all the jumping off the band wagon at this point!! while I have been excited by the atmosphere at the Barn/Student Sec this season, I am starting to wonder about the new fans we have acquired...you don't just go to East Lansing and expect a win...not yet. we will get to that point, but this season is still about growth and getting a young team working together. frankly, they have outperformed my expectations all season, which is awesome.

Odd that people have forgotten that 4 months ago we all would have been thrilled with backing in to the NCAA tournamant.

exactly FromTheBarn, well said. people have been allowing their expectations to be raised all season and are now depressed by a loss at MSU. did people look at the schedule when it came out and expect to have a tight game that resulted in a Gopher win at the Breslin? I sure didn't. I'm not happy we got blown out, but it happens and MSU is a good team. no shame in losing to Sparty on the road.

I don't who expected a win at MSU. I sure didn't. But it's pretty obvious people are going to have some strong reactions to an effort like that. Why don't we all move on now and quit dwelling on some fan reactions during the worst performance of the season?

Lady,

At first glance, I assumed you'd have more time in the kitchen for cookies and cleaning.

This season has and will continue to be a fun ride. If our expectations were elevated too high, that's on us. Lots of newcomers, two freshman starters, loss of three senior starters...all of these factors should have been a warning that this year would be an inconsistent journey.

And I like Monson a lot more now that he's coaching elsewhere.

It's always tough for fans to base their emotions on realistic expectations. In the end, we're not as good as the teams we're not as good as and better than the ones we're better then. Really, we've lost one game that maybe we should have won. Preseason all our other losses would have been predicted with the last one the most likely loss. All the surprises this year have been good ones. Let's keep in mind as we go through the highs and lows of a season that we thought we were a bubble team going in. Let's base our evaluation on that.

I was upset at the effort (or lack of) more than anything. Every team has their nights where they can't hit a shot and all the bounces seem to go against you. But we didn't hustle at all; a lot of guys just stood around. From the opening tip, it just seemed like nobody even wanted to be there.

But, I'll be cheering them on like normal come saturday night.

Top Bottom