Parrish: if you dont have runners & agents around your program youre probly not good

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Parrish: if you dont have runners & agents around your program youre probly not good

Final thought: Illinois coach Bruce Weber made headlines Friday when he told a radio show in Chicago that Demetri McCamey's recent struggles -- and by extension, the Illini's recent struggles, including Sunday's home loss to Purdue -- can be attributed to "the runners, the agents, the third-party people."

"They're all telling him he's an All-American and this and that," Weber said. "Then he stopped coming in to work hard and ... [do] all the stuff you need to do."

Do I believe this is true?

Yes, absolutely.

I have no reason to doubt Weber, and you'd be foolish to think runners and agents didn't begin making a move on McCamey after his strong start to the season, though the more likely scenario is that it began much earlier. If McCamey really stopped working, shame on him. But the reason I can't sympathize with Weber is because runners and agents are in the ears of players at every relevant basketball program, meaning Ohio State's Thad Matta, Texas' Rick Barnes, Kansas' Bill Self, Duke's Mike Krzyzewski, North Carolina's Roy Williams and all sorts of other people are dealing with the exact same issue.

There's nothing unique about the Illinois situation.

In fact, it's typical. So though I'm willing to call it a reason, I'm hesitant to accept it as an excuse. Truth is, if you don't have runners and agents around your program, you're probably not that good.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-back-taylor-ensures-wisconsinosu-equals-hype

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom