Post-Nolen Identity

Block M

Reaction score
I agree with an earlier post that the Gophers would be +2 B10 wins had Nolen not been hurt (IU and UI); however, without him I think we are seeing the Gophers finally settle in to their new identity. The 2-3 zone is almost a necessarily evil given the loss of Nolen's ball pressure and the concern of fatigue. Some nights it will work better than others, but I hope the team continues to refine and improve it.

On offense, I think they need to be very deliberate to minimize TOs. Make the easy passes first and don't make the hard ones unless unavoidable. Blake in particular. The team is seriously depleted, but perhaps there is still enough talent to save the season. Having a consistent identity/approach is key.

Agree with ya. Still think this team can safely win 3 outta the next 5 to get to 9-9. Doesn't hurt playing Iowa either.

Ahamisi really got them into an uptempo mode in the first half. I thought he really made a difference.

Ahanmisi will be a solid back up point guard. He has a good basketball IQ and looks to get others involved. Against top flight competition he will always be a step slow so I hope he isn't our starter. But he looks like someone who will always work hard.

There were times last nite, when Hoff had the ball on the perimeter, that Iowa would bring a 2nd defender from the back side to cover Hoff(with effectiveness). I expect other teams to do the same.

Top Bottom