Gopher Boxscore

I was gettin' there. :)

Not much to complain about tonight after getting a much needed win.

Three point shooting.

Of course, there are box score problems for every team in every game.

I'm just glad I'm not an Iowa fan so I don't have to analyze their box score after every game.

Blake and Ralph combined for only eight points and Gophers still run away with it. Too sweet!

Blake and Ralph combined for only eight points and Gophers still run away with it. Too sweet!

Blake 1 FG in a 17-pt win to me shows his unselfishness out there. He ran the show and did not force any 3's. He was 0-3 on 3-pt FGs in the game and 2 of those occurred during garbage time. He allowed other guys to make plays. His points will come -- I think we'll need them at Penn St.

Blake 1 FG in a 17-pt win to me shows his unselfishness out there. He ran the show and did not force any 3's. He was 0-3 on 3-pt FGs in the game and 2 of those occurred during garbage time. He allowed other guys to make plays. His points will come -- I think we'll need them at Penn St.

More impressed that he didn't force any passes. He didn't chuck any 50 footers for the first time in a few games.

Iowa 3pt shooting

Iowa had lots of wide open 3 pt looks. They just couldn't make any. The zone looks great when that happens.

Iowa had lots of wide open 3 pt looks. They just couldn't make any. The zone looks great when that happens.

Comments like these drive me insane

Opponent makes 3's: We play terrible defense!
Oppnent misses 3's: Boy are they bad!

There is usually a reason guys miss 3's, its called defense. Most of Iowa's roster makes wide open 3's, just watch them warm up.

Chip and Mav

Chip only got five minutes.

I wasn't expecting Maverick getting 11 minutes and Chip only five. They both played well. I hope we can get Blake back to 35 minutes, he needs a blow now and then.

Im glad we played great against Iowa.

Comments like these drive me insane

Opponent makes 3's: We play terrible defense!
Oppnent misses 3's: Boy are they bad!

There is usually a reason guys miss 3's, its called defense. Most of Iowa's roster makes wide open 3's, just watch them warm up.

Look at their 3pt numbers for the year, not what guys make before the game starts. Rodney might even make one now and then in warm ups. 32% for the year. The only player who makes more than 1 per game is Gatens and he is shooting 33%. They suck from 3. For that matter Penn St. sucks from 3 also.

I wasnt stating this to rip on our win I myself was under the impression Iowa had very few athletes but lots of shooters, but in fact they don't have very good shooters. This plays right into Tubby's hands wether it is the ball-man defense or our 2-3 zone.

Top Bottom