Shoutout to Rodney

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
Love the way he played today, especially in the first half. 13 points 7 rebounds and 5 assists is a pretty good stat line if you ask me. If he can keep playing with the confidence/fire that he played with tonight and keep attacking the basket it's going to make this team so much better. Here's to hoping he builds off tonight and plays like this the rest of the season.

Agreed. His jump shot needs a lot of work, but his aggressive play was great. Hopefully this is the corner he turns to being a force for the Gophers.

Best game in a long time for Rodney. If he can continue to improve on the drive he will force a lot of fouls. Getting the other team in foul trouble should be a big advantage for us.

Rodney

Williams played well tonight he played like a solid D-1 basketball player in all phases...

Best game in a long time for Rodney. If he can continue to improve on the drive he will force a lot of fouls. Getting the other team in foul trouble should be a big advantage for us.

If guys are going to back so far off of him, I'd love for him to build up some steam and zip around them.

Huge game for Rodney, agreed on all accounts. Even more than his layups, I think the jumper he hit did wonders for his confidence. After missing the first 2, I was afraid he was going to head into his shell again and disappear. Once he got a few easy buckets underneath, his confidence was there when he stepped into the 3 ball.

It's not rocket science; if we have this Rodney Williams, we're a MUCH better team.

Rodney Williams is probably the 3rd or 4th best player on this team (at worst) when he is playing fearless and aggressive. He is probably 7 or 8 when he is playing scared. If you put Chip's attitude and fearlessness into Williams' athleticism he is a 10 and 5 Big Ten player.

Great game for Rodney - hopefully he can build on this.

5 assists to 1 turnover. We need more of that.

Well said. I was most impressed by those assists, including the nice one for lay-up to reward Ralph for running the floor.

And I say if he is open on a catch and shoot he has to shoot right away. No hesitation. I am not saying with 25 on the shot clock, but if we're down to 10-15 secs and he catches in rhythm and is open -- shoot the ball.

If Rodney aggressively follows his shot, I'm ok with almost any open shot he takes.

great moment!

Originally Posted by From the Barn View Post
If Rodney aggressively follows his shot, I'm ok with almost any open shot he takes.
Gold Vision: Including that FT attempt!
Its good to atone for errors!

This is quite different that the typical Rodney posts. I'm glad those jackasses haven't hijacked the thread.

Top Bottom