Damn Iowa is just awful

Prolific

Reaction score
People actually thought we might lose to this team? Hahahahahahahahaha.

Given the fact that they blew-out Sparty, took Wisconsin to OT, and we were on a 4 game losing streak, yes some people thought they may lose. Iowa played pretty horrendously tonight.

I think I can say it was one of the worst 3 games I've seen a Big 10 team play this year. The only other ones that come close might be NU at home @ WI, or maybe MSU at Iowa. However, tonight was pretty bad.

I agree...Iowa's basketball team is pathetic.:eek:

If they played Hopkins High 10 times, they might win 3 or 4.:party:

Given the fact that they blew-out Sparty, took Wisconsin to OT, and we were on a 4 game losing streak, yes some people thought they may lose. Iowa played pretty horrendously tonight.

A team that relies so heavily on 3-point shots can surprise a good team when the shots are falling, but get blown out when they're not. Much has been said about our poor perimeter defense earlier in the year- is Iowa's poor shooting performance attributable to good defense or did the Iowa shooters just have an off night? To me it looked like most of Iowa's 3-point attempts were decent shots - I sometimes think that the Gophers get too much heat when the opponents are hitting their 3s and too much credit when they aren't.

They had I believe 27 points with under 10 minutes in the ...

second half. Although I believe two of their top guys were out. Still, pretty bad showing in front of a small crowd.

I thought Iowa would be a great 3 pt shooting team. One of those teams with decent skill but little athleticism. But I looked at their 3pt stats for the year and they are horible from outside. Gatens is streaky and May can hit one now and then, that's about it. Iowa versus our big zone was a perfect remedy for us.

While the gophers have struggled offensively and they miss Nolen at both ends, I think they have been strong defensively. Our bigs need help scoring but they defend on their own just fine.

A team that relies so heavily on 3-point shots can surprise a good team when the shots are falling, but get blown out when they're not. Much has been said about our poor perimeter defense earlier in the year- is Iowa's poor shooting performance attributable to good defense or did the Iowa shooters just have an off night? To me it looked like most of Iowa's 3-point attempts were decent shots - I sometimes think that the Gophers get too much heat when the opponents are hitting their 3s and too much credit when they aren't.

Iowa most definitely does not rely on the 3pt shot. Their previous three games when they had been playing pretty darn well, they shot 3-9 against MSU, 2-9 against IU, and 1-7 against Becky. They shot 6-28 against us. They were completely taken out of their game because they couldn't buy a look inside 20 feet. When you play a zone very actively, it can definitely disrupt teams, especially when equipped with the length the Gophers have. When you play it lazily, you'll give up a lot of open looks. They played active defense last night. If they keep that up, it'll help them a ton going forward.

As much as I enjoy bagging on Iowa, that team should not be overlooked by anybody in the Big Ten. Wisconsin definitely realizes that now. Anybody in this league can come up and bite you if you sleep on them.

Their shooting is bad, but have you ever seen a team pass the ball so poorly? It was like watching 5th graders play. Passes behind people, off legs, off feet, just plain ugly. And the majority of those were unforced.

Top Bottom