Tubby Sucks

More like Tubby's offense sucks. If we play a team that shoots 5% like Illinois did we can win a game only scoring in the fifties, but when we face a team that is hot we will never be able to outscore them.

Every coach has flaws and no coach is perfect. You should never forgo critical examination. Saying someone "sucks" is not critical. It's just stupid.

Coach Smith is a good/great coach who will probably end up in the Hall of Fame one day. He's not perfect and he has/will make mistakes.

this is a pointless thread started by someone who does not know much about basketball. What do you expect? Our team has no legitimate scoring threat outside of Westbrook. Tubby is playing with the hand he was dealt. The players he brought in our young and inexperienced.

this is a pointless thread started by someone who does not know much about basketball. What do you expect? Our team has no legitimate scoring threat outside of Westbrook. Tubby is playing with the hand he was dealt. The players he brought in our young and inexperienced.

Like the "Al Nolen Sucks" thread?

BTW: If Tubby is such a great coach, he'd do a better job with the hand he was dealt. As a person who has played DI basketball ON SCHOLARSHIP, I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics that go on behind the scenes without having to be "Gopher insider."

Just so happens that I believe Nolen has the potential to be a great PG but it's clear that Tubby is f'king with his head. The average Minnesota fan can't see it and as I said early on, this team can't win the big games without Nolen. Wisconsin, while a great border battle win, went on a six game losing streak proving my points made earlier.

Unfortunately, this fan site has a lot of vocal non-basketball playing types and a few who actually know what they are talking about.

What are you, Nolens boyfriend? What a great basketball mind.......the team cant win when their PG plays like shite. Youre a real genius.

Sad stuff

Drex96 is not a Gopher fan. He just worships Al Nolen. He has ever since midnight madness before last year. He's like a 9-year-old girl with the Jonas Brothers.

Seeing crap like this on the board is just sad. The "Nolen sucks" thread is obviously terrible as well. These are our players and coaches. Tubby has accomplished a thing or two in the game of basketball. Nolen has done some very good things this year despite struggling.

Stupid thread. I LOVE TUBBY. I dont love our 1st quarter offense though !!!

Like the "Al Nolen Sucks" thread?

BTW: If Tubby is such a great coach, he'd do a better job with the hand he was dealt. As a person who has played DI basketball ON SCHOLARSHIP, I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics that go on behind the scenes without having to be "Gopher insider."

Just so happens that I believe Nolen has the potential to be a great PG but it's clear that Tubby is f'king with his head. The average Minnesota fan can't see it and as I said early on, this team can't win the big games without Nolen. Wisconsin, while a great border battle win, went on a six game losing streak proving my points made earlier.

Unfortunately, this fan site has a lot of vocal non-basketball playing types and a few who actually know what they are talking about.

So having a team at 18-4 two years after winning 9 games isn't doing a good job with the hand he was dealt?

Al Nolen and GREAT should not be used in the same sentence. He has the potential to be a good PG, maybe a top 3 big ten PG, but certainly not an elite talent. He's small, and his shot is below average. I am a big Nolen fan, but come on, great? You seem to be over-exaggerating quite a bit tonight.. Tubby sucks, Nolen could be great, etc.

Michigan State has a lot more talent than this Gophers team. That's a fact, and while nobody expected to see the Gophers get there asses handed to them tonight most fans expected a loss. Michigan State is the best team in the conference, and most of us knew there was no way Michigan State was losing 3 consecutive home games. (Although some of us were cautiously optimistic.)

Kalin Lucas is the best player in the conference, and in my opinion it's not close. He's made Nolen look terrible now in both games, and quite frankly he's a headache for every team in the Big Ten. This loss wasn't Tubby's fault, and while I agree the offense is pathetic at times, it will get better over the next few years. DJ, Westbrook, Carter, etc are solid athletes but they are extremely streaky which makes them inconsistent shooting. Add in the fact that Blake has really struggled shooting this season and Bostick hasn't really found his stroke yet, and it's no surprise the Gophers have poor offensive outputs every few weeks.

Now, do everyone here a favor and get off this board. You can worship Al Nolen from afar, and all of us will no longer feel uncomfortable and a bit frightened for Al, since you strike me as the stalker type.

Drex96 is not a Gopher fan. He just worships Al Nolen.

Lol, I have to agree. Drex96 seems to take is beyond personally when anyone calls Al out. Must be either a good friend, family member, stalker, etc.

The Gophers had a tough game. We'll get over it and there's another tough one coming up Saturday.

Just like Tubby often has Pitino's number, Izzo has Tubby's.

On the bright side at least we're not Duke ! They got their asses handed to them last night as well.

So it goes.

As a person who has played DI basketball ON SCHOLARSHIP, I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics that go on behind the scenes without having to be "Gopher insider

God, that logic is sooo weak. As a person who has a checking account, I feel that I should direct the TARP money. As a person who has regular bowel movements, I feel like I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics that a gastrologist deal with without being a doctor..

God, that logic is sooo weak. As a person who has a checking account, I feel that I should direct the TARP money. As a person who has regular bowel movements, I feel like I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics that a gastrologist deal with without being a doctor..

Couldn't have said it better myself, Rouser.

As was stated earlier, Tubby is a great coach, but he's not perfect. With the good always comes a little bad. What he's done with this club in his short time should only be applauded. Let's all just chill out and give the man some space. And let's all ignore Drex96.

Top Bottom