Tubby and Scouting Opponents

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
Generally I am in favor of Tubby and his belief in double-teams. Some of them I don't quite understand, but go with it for the sake of consistency and execution.

But today pushed me over the edge. Nobody, NOBODY should ever even consider for one second double-teaming Andrew Brommer on the post. If you watched Iowa for even a half of a game, wouldn't any reasonable person come to the same conclusion???

This is a giant red flag.

Agreed. Given the fact that we sometimes have 3 posts out there, our ability to rotate on D isn't gonna be there. There's NO reason to double anyone on Iowa, I can understand Sullinger, JaJuan, Leuer, Draymond, etc... but NOT Jarryd Cole or Andrew Brommer.

Agreed. When I saw the double-down on Brommer, I just about spit my drink out.

He was the guy that sparked Iowa's one run of the game. He spelled Basabe when he went out with foul trouble. The gophers dominated inside with Brommer, imagine what they would have done inside without him. He was the one guy with energy on the floor for Iowa tonight.

No one on Iowa could score tonight. I do think his energy sparked the one run they had early in the first half. I also think his energy prevented points by the gophers. They couldn't hit water from the sinking titanic with their jumpshooting tonight.

local kid

I'm with you Rosemountain. I had no idea who Brommer was before the game tonight, but seemed to be the only Hawkeye that came to play tonight. Then to find out that he's from Rosemount.... I had no idea.

By the way, Trevor really took it to Melsahn Basabe tonight. He did what any upperclassman ought to do to a freshman that is showing some real promise. Put him in his place... I loved it. The grazing elbow to the face drive to give Malsahn his fifth foul at the end of the game summed up the night between those two. Trevor just brings it with such authority... awesome.

The double team is about getting turnovers as well, just know that's ball line defense.

Top Bottom