Put RS on the pine!

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

Wait. He did make a nice assist to Hoff.

I agree RS the "TURD" sucks so bad he should NOT be playing he is completely lost and causes more turnovers than he scores points

I was most impressed with turds standing there as the ball rolled by him...GET ON THE FLOOR! Jeezus, no effort.

So would you guys propose that Colton/Dom Daws get more minutes?? Ralph is always gonna have that soft style of play, but he is our best option for the second post.

He was weak with the ball tonight and for a guy with his experience and size he should not be that weak with the ball.

He had a bad night.
He has been the 2nd best player on the team this year. (excluding Nolen).

He would probably miss the bench with with a halfhearted attempt to sit down. Can some coach please tell him to not put the ball on the floor when he gets an entry pass into the post! Wasted talent. I thought by this year he would be dominating the Big Ten, based on the flashes during his freshman year. He still gets pushed around and plays with no energy.

So would you guys propose that Colton/Dom Daws get more minutes?? Ralph is always gonna have that soft style of play, but he is our best option for the second post.

He's not our best option every night, he can be pretty worthless out there at times. Even Al Nolen tweeted something complaining about Ralph standing around the arc and shooting a three.

Colt got 28 minutes tonight, he was all over the place with great effort. Diving on the floor, swatted a couple of lobs away from the basket (which surprised the hell out of me).

I agree RS the "TURD" sucks so bad he should NOT be playing he is completely lost and causes more turnovers than he scores points

Yes, he was pretty bad tonight but why don't you stop being a dickhead.

So he's been better than either Hoff or Mbakwe?

In my opinion he has been better than Hoffarber this year. This has been somewhat skewed because Hoff has played very poorly in multiple aspects of his game since the switch to PG. Those two would be the two that are really close as the 2nd and 3rd players on the team. Whoever is in 4th isn't close.

Mbakwe has clearly been the best player on the team.

He's not our best option every night, he can be pretty worthless out there at times. Even Al Nolen tweeted something complaining about Ralph standing around the arc and shooting a three.

Colt got 28 minutes tonight, he was all over the place with great effort. Diving on the floor, swatted a couple of lobs away from the basket (which surprised the hell out of me).

Please keep in mind that this game was against Iowa and that Ralph has proven to be much more consistent game in and game out. I'm not hating on Colton, I'm just saying that IMO Ralph is a safter bet for productivity.

?????? Clearly 3rd, but certainly not 2nd.

In my opinion he has been better than Hoffarber this year. This has been somewhat skewed because Hoff has played very poorly in multiple aspects of his game since the switch to PG. Those two would be the two that are really close as the 2nd and 3rd players on the team. Whoever is in 4th isn't close.

Mbakwe has clearly been the best player on the team.

?????? Clearly 3rd, but certainly not 2nd.

He is 3rd in minutes, 3rdnd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds. He is 2nd in the Big Ten in blocks (J Johnson is .1 more per game). 3rd in the team in FG percentage (Mbakwe, Walker). 2nd on the team in FT% (Hoffarber).
Point to Shot ratio
1.70 = Mbakwe
1.37 = Hoff
1.27 = Sampson

In Big Ten play
Sampson is 10 ppg 5.2 rpg 1.85 apg 2.69 blocks/steals per game 1.38 TO/g
Hoffarber is 13.8 ppg 3.15 rpg 2.77 apg .62 blocks/steals per game 2.46 TO/g

As I said, I think 2nd and 3rd are very close. You could make a strong case for either. They are tough to compare anyways seeing as how they play very different positions. To say certainly not 2nd is ignorant. Hoffarber is much much closer to a sampson in terms of level of play than he is Mbakwe.

ralph is the only big that can make good passes for buckets

I would say the opposite, for whatever reason he is reluctant to get the ball into the post. All season I have seen him freeze up and fail to get the ball to a Trevor and Colt when they have solid seal on their defender's 1 on 1.

Trevor, Al and Blake are the most important players on this team.

Ralph is starting to play with all the ferocity of the late, Manute Bol. Only Ralph is 7 inches shorter and can't make the threes that Manute did.

Iverson is less skilled offensive and commits a ton of turnovers and silly fouls though. Iverson would be in foul trouble constantly if he started. I'm afraid we are stuck with what we have.

RSIII

3rd leading scorer, 2nd leading rebounder, 1st in blocked shots.

I don't see why he should sit on the bench when the Gophers only have 2 F, 2 C, and 4 G able to play.

Next year, if Walker returns healthy and Eliason continues to improve, the C will have to earn PT.

At this point, RSIII is much better than our other options (i.e. Iverson).

I'll respectfully disagree for discussion sake. On my ideal team, the 5 is stronger than Ralph. I feel the best 4/5 combo we have is Mbakwe/Iverson. Bring RS off the bench, especially if Colton's having one of his off games. Under those circumstances, there will be plenty of games where Ralph gets more minutes than Iverson.

It's hard to compare the stats of a guard to a big. For example, bigs should obviously lead in rebounds, shooting percentage, and blocks. Hoffarber's also at a disadvantage playing out of position (see assist to TO ratio since becoming pg).

I guess I can't really think of how to provide concrete evidence that Hoffarber has been better but I would guess most would agree. Then again, Sampson takes an unreasonable amount of heat on here, so I guess that doesn't mean much either.

He is 3rd in minutes, 3rdnd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds. He is 2nd in the Big Ten in blocks (J Johnson is .1 more per game). 3rd in the team in FG percentage (Mbakwe, Walker). 2nd on the team in FT% (Hoffarber).
Point to Shot ratio
1.70 = Mbakwe
1.37 = Hoff
1.27 = Sampson

In Big Ten play
Sampson is 10 ppg 5.2 rpg 1.85 apg 2.69 blocks/steals per game 1.38 TO/g
Hoffarber is 13.8 ppg 3.15 rpg 2.77 apg .62 blocks/steals per game 2.46 TO/g

As I said, I think 2nd and 3rd are very close. You could make a strong case for either. They are tough to compare anyways seeing as how they play very different positions. To say certainly not 2nd is ignorant. Hoffarber is much much closer to a sampson in terms of level of play than he is Mbakwe.

I did say it is hard to compare them. I also did say that it is very close.

Top Bottom