Illini lose- Cmon Gophs!

bga1

Reaction score
Let's get this done against the Hawks! We can do this. The schedule is workable even with our reduced squad. We can win 5 of the last 6. No reason not to.

Agreed. The Gophers will be within a half game of 4th place with a win today. Nobody is playing like they want those first round byes in the big ten tournament.

I know I'm biased but to me JJ is the B10 POY. And frankly he should be getting WAY more NPOY talk than he is getting.

I know I'm biased but to me JJ is the B10 POY. And frankly he should be getting WAY more NPOY talk than he is getting.

Agree completely. I personally think all of the Big Ten talk on Sullinger is over doing it. He is a very good player, especially for a freshman, but Johnson is a beast. 20+ pts almost everygame, and he can do it with the perimeter shot or down low. He is the one player in the Big Ten that can beat nearly all players in man to man defense.

Agree completely. I personally think all of the Big Ten talk on Sullinger is over doing it. He is a very good player, especially for a freshman, but Johnson is a beast. 20+ pts almost everygame, and he can do it with the perimeter shot or down low. He is the one player in the Big Ten that can beat nearly all players in man to man defense.

+1

Agreed. JJ is the obvious B10 player of the year in my mind.

True dat but give Matt Painter oodles of credit as an excellent young coach.

9 - 22 - 25 - 27 - 29 W (in 5 years) and now 20 W (and counting).

One heckuva coach and recruiter.

I also agree on J. Johnson being the best player in the big ten. However, I don't think he will be named POY.

Mbakwe first or second all big ten

I have really enjoyed watching Trevor this year. I also feel that he would definately be all big ten if we hadn't lost Nolen and Joseph and had more wins under our belt. That being said, do you see him going first or second team all big ten at the end of the season?

Nice W for Boilers, eh?

20-5 without Robbie Hummel.

Not bad at all.
Meh. Can't complain I guess, but they easily could have done better. Should have won at least one of the Gophers/WVU/Wiscy games.

This week will define how I feel about this team going into March.

Also, JJ has no shot at POY, which is too bad.

Sullinger is the front-runner for Big 10 POY (personally I think JJ also) so one would assume he would be the front runner for Freshman of the year but according to the announcers last night some guy from Iowa should win it for his great freshman year. Does that qualify him for the Common Man's preposterous statement of the year?

Top Bottom