Pregame Thoughts: at Iowa 2/13/11

Reaction score
Pregame Thoughts Article

"The NR/#25 Minnesota Golden Gophers (16-8, 5-7) look to defeat the Iowa Hawkeyes (10-14, 3-9) for the 100th time on Sunday, February 13, 2011. The game tips at 5:06pm CT and will be broadcast on the Big Ten Network, with Eric Collins doing the play-by-play and former Hawkeye Kenyon Murray providing color. As usual, there will be plenty of open seats in Iowa City, but those in attendance will be treated to the opportunity to have their picture taken with the Insight Bowl trophy before the game. At halftime, running back Marcus Coker will be recognized for being named the Offensive MVP in the football team's bowl game. Gopher fans at the game should also stand and give Coker a nice round of applause for his coughing up of the ball with four and a half minutes to play at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota recovered and Iowa never regained possession......"

Pregame Thoughts Article

"The NR/#25 Minnesota Golden Gophers (16-8, 5-7) look to defeat the Iowa Hawkeyes (10-14, 3-9) for the 100th time on Sunday, February 13, 2011. The game tips at 5:06pm CT and will be broadcast on the Big Ten Network, with Eric Collins doing the play-by-play and former Hawkeye Kenyon Murray providing color. As usual, there will be plenty of open seats in Iowa City, but those in attendance will be treated to the opportunity to have their picture taken with the Insight Bowl trophy before the game. At halftime, running back Marcus Coker will be recognized for being named the Offensive MVP in the football team's bowl game. Gopher fans at the game should also stand and give Coker a nice round of applause for his coughing up of the ball with four and a half minutes to play at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota recovered and Iowa never regained possession......"

Gophers by 6?

I think they can W but I doubt it will be any more than 1 or 2 pt margin if they do.

Thanks for the article. Any kind of win will do me just fine. One point, six points, anything.

OK. I will take take a big gulp. There. That was some good kool-aid.

Gophers will wake up after Tubby's prodding and press rant, get a W and prove their manhood.

I appreciated your article. I predict a blow-out. For the win, that is. Also, betting a quarter on Rodney making two treys consecutively in the first half. :D

Real Time RPI

Gophers' RPI would likely end up around 50, with two wins against top 25 RPI opponents

FWIW, Real Time RPI currently has the Gophers at #37 with three top 25 victories:

North Carolina (10)
Purdue (12)
West Virginia (19)

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

Top Bottom