Which villain to cheer for?

cncmin

Reaction score
Should we cheer for the booster-NBA-style-paid undefeated arrogant brats on the Ohio State squad, or the get-every-home-call cry babies on the Wisconsin squad? This is a very difficult decision.

I follow the maxim "never cheer for Wisconsin," so the choice is easy for me. The only exception is if a Wisconsin win will give the Gophers a BT title.

CG

I follow the maxim "never cheer for Wisconsin," so the choice is easy for me. The only exception is if a Wisconsin win will give the Gophers a BT title.

Agreed. The absolute misery today is that the Ohio State vs. Wisconsin game today means nothing to the Gophers but the Indiana at Michigan game does ! :mad:

Tha sucks.

That being said I am hoping Bucky goes down hard today.

I've got a question. I've watched a few games on ESPN at Wisconsin this year and they are always saying how soft the rims are at the Kohl Center. I know in high school there would be gyms with soft rims but in the NCAA shouldn't they be the same in every gym across the country?

I am cheering for the Minnesota Badgers, both for the Minnesotans on the roster and as an anti Thad Matta gesture.

and truth be told- I respect what the Badgers do and how smart they play.

At this point, I want to see Ohio State run all the way to an undefeated National Championship.

I've noticed tUSO give up some open 3's ... is it the ball line defense?

Let's so Buckeyes! I always hope Becky loses every game.

Should we cheer for ...the get-every-home-call cry babies on the Wisconsin squad?

Watching the officiating at the Kohl, it is easy to understand why the Badgers rarely lose at home:rolleyes:

As much as a dislike Wisconsin, I hate them more as a football team than a basketball team. Also I do NOT want to see anOSU go undefeated, I'm sick of them being good at everything. Also it would be funny to see them lose their #1 ranking and undefeated record to the same team in football and basketball.

Go OSU. I never want sconnie to win in anything. Pretty funny about grinch complaining about hand checking.

Did anyone notice 4 Minnesota kids on the floor at the same time. Hopefully that will never happen again.

I am not a great BB mind. But it seems sconnie passes the ball around for 30 seconds and then shoots a three and often its a forced three. It seems like they shoot a lot of three's from the top of the key and that is traitor taylor's best shot. It's almost as bad as our offense. Why doesn't anyone press them to try and speed up the game? Again I'm just asking!

As much as a dislike Wisconsin, I hate them more as a football team than a basketball team. Also I do NOT want to see anOSU go undefeated, I'm sick of them being good at everything. Also it would be funny to see them lose their #1 ranking and undefeated record to the same team in football and basketball.

I hate Wisconsin in everything. Basketball. Football. Soccer. Hockey ... Rowing.

Go tOSU, and having the #1 team be from the Big Ten is not a bad thing. IMO, I'd rather the #1 be from the Big Ten (as long as its not Wisconsin) than any other conference (unless it was Jimmer)

Go OSU. I never want sconnie to win in anything. Pretty funny about grinch complaining about hand checking.

Did anyone notice 4 Minnesota kids on the floor at the same time. Hopefully that will never happen again.

I am not a great BB mind. But it seems sconnie passes the ball around for 30 seconds and then shoots a three and often its a forced three. It seems like they shoot a lot of three's from the top of the key and that is traitor taylor's best shot. It's almost as bad as our offense. Why doesn't anyone press them to try and speed up the game? Again I'm just asking!

That is essentially what they do. They play very slow offense and make basic passes. With about 10 seconds left they set a few screens and hope someone is open.

and it works. tOSU has done a good job of staying awake on defense for the full 35 seconds (some teams get lazy just standing there for 30 seconds) and staying with their man the whole time.

The biggest reason they don't get pressed is because their big men can move and shoot and live around the perimeter. Most teams have actual big guys and they can't keep up out there so they give them a cushion and let them pass it around.

Doc

At this point, I want to see Ohio State run all the way to an undefeated National Championship.

Me too.

BTHW, watching the Minnesota contingent of Badgers makes me curse Monson and the horse he road in on.

Thanks Dan.

Being an OSU fan must be amazing. This team is athletic, has size, they can shoot, they can drive, they can finish, they can create. Wow. I don't see a single weakness for OSU except maybe depth, which with 100 Time outs a game, not that huge.

Maybe MN isn't as bad as we thought ... tOSU is making a joke out of Wisconsin right now.

These 2 teams make the gophers look horrible. Each team has what, 5 or 6 guys that can shoot the three ball alone? I'm sitting here wondering what it would be like to have a team like this. Being a gopher fan would actually be a fun experience.

Viatle is the absolute worst. He basically declared the game over when OSU was up 15, then changed his tune and blathered about how tough the Buckeyes will be on a neutral court. Now he's singing Wisconsin praises. No insight into the game at all. Just cheerleading.

These 2 teams make the gophers look horrible. Each team has what, 5 or 6 guys that can shoot the three ball alone? I'm sitting here wondering what it would be like to have a team like this. Being a gopher fan would actually be a fun experience.

Gophers led the league in 3pt percentage last year.

Ryan especially does not put guys out on the floor that can't shoot. A good idea: recruit guys that have proven they can shoot the ball.

we have a loooong way to go

This game really hit home the fact that the Gopher basketball program is far, far away from being elite. Tubby hasn't gotten the elite recruits like OSU and can't seem to improve the players he brings in like UW does.

I dislike the badgers and cheer against them every chance I get but at what point do you have to tip your cap to them? Year in and year out Bo turns a good squad out of these guys. At the begining of the season I didn't think they had a very good shot at making it the ncaa tournament...now they are looking like a sweet 16 or better team

Top Bottom