Disagree with Tubby

Weisbrod

Banned
Reaction score
I understand that Tubby was frustrated after a devastating loss, but calling out his most potent offensive weapon (Hoffarber) for taking "bad" shots was not a good move in my opinion. Sure, Blake took some questionable 3s, but I'd rather have him taking those shots than anyone on the team. Smith needs to understand that Maverick isn't the answer at PG, not even in the short term. The kid looks seriously over-matched out there and I honestly believe he's a big reason why Minnesota can't get in any type of offensive flow.

Another reason for the offensive downturn is the template that Purdue created on how to guard Blake. Get in his face and it shuts not only him down, but the entire offense. Blake has resorted to pushing off with his forearm to create space. He's going to get called for that soon.

I understand that Tubby was frustrated after a devastating loss, but calling out his most potent offensive weapon (Hoffarber) for taking "bad" shots was not a good move in my opinion. Sure, Blake took some questionable 3s, but I'd rather have him taking those shots than anyone on the team. Smith needs to understand that Maverick isn't the answer at PG, not even in the short term. The kid looks seriously over-matched out there and I honestly believe he's a big reason why Minnesota can't get in any type of offensive flow.

Another reason for the offensive downturn is the template that Purdue created on how to guard Blake. Get in his face and it shuts not only him down, but the entire offense. Blake has resorted to pushing off with his forearm to create space. He's going to get called for that soon.

I agree with the poster above. But I'll reply anyway.

Hoffarber has to adjust his game. I doubt Tubby thinks Maverick is the answer. But he has few options at PG now. He's playing under 10 minutes a game. And HE'S the reason for Gophers offensive struggles?

Tubby has been taking the heat for calling out Blake. Why? The players last year got the same treatment, and the seniors barely got the minutes they are playing this year. Blake will be fine, he has been with Tubby for all this time. He knows what expect from him. He has seen Tubby call out Westbrook, Johnson, and other seniors from the years before.

Top Bottom