Andre Hollins buried a 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left -- 2-11-11

Jon

Reaction score
"University of Minnesota signee Andre Hollins buried a 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left to give the Spartans, ranked fifth in The Commercial Appeal's Dandy Dozen, a 71-68 overtime victory over the No. 4 Warriors."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/feb/12/spartans-top-central-twice/

Game #27 @ Central High School February 11, 2011

White Station 71 Central 68 OT
White Station: Davell Roby-4, Larry Spicer-2, Andre Hollins-25,
Nino Johnson-8, Rodriguez Tucker-7, Marvin Williams-12, LaRon
Black-13.
Central: Andre Applewhite-15, Cameron Clear-6, Blake
Johnson-20, Joshua Jones-7, Jarnell Stokes-18, Tim Shaw-2.

(22-5) White Station 18 - 12 - 23 - 13 - 05 / 71
(21-7) Central 21 - 15 - 15 - 15 - 02 / 68

http://www.whitestationhoops.com/10-11.html

"University of Minnesota signee Andre Hollins buried a 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left to give the Spartans, ranked fifth in The Commercial Appeal's Dandy Dozen, a 71-68 overtime victory over the No. 4 Warriors."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/feb/12/spartans-top-central-twice/

Game #27 @ Central High School February 11, 2011

White Station 71 Central 68 OT
White Station: Davell Roby-4, Larry Spicer-2, Andre Hollins-25,
Nino Johnson-8, Rodriguez Tucker-7, Marvin Williams-12, LaRon
Black-13.
Central: Andre Applewhite-15, Cameron Clear-6, Blake
Johnson-20, Joshua Jones-7, Jarnell Stokes-18, Tim Shaw-2.

(22-5) White Station 18 - 12 - 23 - 13 - 05 / 71
(21-7) Central 21 - 15 - 15 - 15 - 02 / 68

http://www.whitestationhoops.com/10-11.html

Wow. Have the Gophers ever needed an incoming freshman more badly than Andre next year?

Wow. Have the Gophers ever needed an incoming freshman more badly than Andre next year?

I think both incoming frosh will play key roles for 2012 Gophers. Andre Hollins will start. Coleman may push Austin Hollins for spot in lineup.

especially at a position of need. I really dont see a scenerio where he isnt our starting PG. Mav is a nice role player and I am not writing him off but Andre looks the part.

Andre/Mav
Chip/Coleman
Austin/Rodeny(if he is here)/Oto
Trev(if he is here)/Mo/Oto
Ralph/Colt/EE

If we could finally avoid the legal, transfer, and injury drama this team can suceed. But, that is a lot of pressure on a true frosh PG.

especially at a position of need. I really dont see a scenerio where he isnt our starting PG. Mav is a nice role player and I am not writing him off but Andre looks the part.

Andre/Mav
Chip/Coleman
Ralph/Colt/EE

If we could finally avoid the legal, transfer, and injury drama this team can suceed. But, that is a lot of pressure on a true frosh PG.

Austin Hollins will play G next year. Gophers will have enough F and C.

Andre/Mav
Chip/Coleman
Ralph/Colt/EE

I am not saying Andre is John Wall. But just because a guy is a freshman doesn't mean he can't be a great PG. I can't wait for Andre to be here, I really want to see Oto and Joe as well. Andre and Joe may end up being Tubby's best class (IMO) the Devoe, Ralph, Colton, PC, Bostick class was solid but two of the better players are no longer here.

Andre and Joe seem to be very smart, hard working, talented players and I can't wait to see them in maroon and gold.

Austin Hollins will play G next year. Gophers will have enough F and C.

Agreed. Rodney and Oto will split time at the 3 spot (I think). With maybe Joe and Austin getting spot minutes there.

PG: Andre / Mav / (Maybe a JUCO?)
SG: Austin Hollins / Joe Coleman / Chip Armelin
SF: Rodney Williams / Oto
PF: Trevor / Colton
C: Ralph / Mo / EE

Agreed. Rodney and Oto will split time at the 3 spot (I think). With maybe Joe and Austin getting spot minutes there.

PG: Andre / Mav / (Maybe a JUCO?)
SG: Austin Hollins / Joe Coleman / Chip Armelin
SF: Rodney Williams / Oto
PF: Trevor / Colton
C: Ralph / Mo / EE

Is that Halverson transfer a wasted scholly? I thought he played 3/4 as well.

Halvorson is a walk-on. He had a very good high school career here, but not sure what kind of impact he will have. I think he will play more than Dawson, but I have no clue how much he will contribute.

he wont contribute, hes 6-8 200 lbs, cant shoot or dribble, and cant finish in the BT. but he'll improve the team on the bench by being a good teammate. similar to mark madsen, or brian scalabrine

he wont contribute, hes 6-8 200 lbs, cant shoot or dribble, and cant finish in the BT. but he'll improve the team on the bench by being a good teammate. similar to mark madsen, or brian scalabrine

Kind of like all of the expert commentors on the GopherHole?

Both of those "Similar To" made the NBA.

I think both incoming frosh will play key roles for 2012 Gophers. Andre Hollins will start. Coleman may push Austin Hollins for spot in lineup.

Coleman will push Chip for the #2 guard spot, Rodney and Hollins will battle it out for the small forward.

I have no idea why Halverson left a D1 full-ride scholarship to be a walk-on. He's not going to the nba and I don't see him receiving a scholarship with the Gophers. I've 'painfully' paid off 80% of my student loans, given the opportunity to play basketball and get a full-ride is a nice value.

I'm with katze019, I've seen Coleman play many times at Hopkins. He looks twice as good as Blake Hoffarber when he played there.

I have no idea why Halverson left a D1 full-ride scholarship to be a walk-on. He's not going to the nba and I don't see him receiving a scholarship with the Gophers. I've 'painfully' paid off 80% of my student loans, given the opportunity to play basketball and get a full-ride is a nice value.

His father is professor so his children get a break on tuition.

I thought I read once that he was considered a walk on this year while he sat out the transfer year as a red-shirt but then gets a scholarship next year.

But the parent as a professor deal would be better for us on a scholarship basis.

Joe's skill set is a 3... he is really not a SG

Top Bottom