NCAA Tourney

Block M

Reaction score
If Tubby can somehow drive this rattling jalopy into the NCAA tournament it might be his best coaching job of all time. This team is seriously depleted at the worst possible position.

I'm of the opinion that there aren't enough horses (or the right horses) in the stable to overcome these losses, but who knows? Even if the tourney is not in the cards, I still look forward to seeing the young guys play and develop, and I really hope that Rodney can still take an important step this year. I am not going to get too frustrated by poor play-this is a limited team right now.

I liked that Tubby mixed it up a little and pressed Illinois. I don't think you can do it the whole game, but you can tell the team was much more energized. I'm sorry he didn't employ it at Indiana when it looked like they were corpses on the floor. I actually thought the team played hard and even had more flow in the offense, but they missed a lot of bunnies that you just can't explain. It would've made the difference in the game. If they play like that against Iowa, Northwestern, PSU, and Michigan, we should be able to win somewhere!

If Tubby can somehow drive this rattling jalopy into the NCAA tournament it might be his best coaching job of all time. This team is seriously depleted at the worst possible position.

I'm of the opinion that there aren't enough horses (or the right horses) in the stable to overcome these losses, but who knows? Even if the tourney is not in the cards, I still look forward to seeing the young guys play and develop, and I really hope that Rodney can still take an important step this year. I am not going to get too frustrated by poor play-this is a limited team right now.

1998 was his best coaching job ever. His team had no returning (full-time) starters. None had ever averaged even 10 ppg or made All-Conference. The team had lost 6 players to NBA draft in prior 2 years and not replaced them in kind. Only 1 McDonalds A-A on the team.

And yet, he coached them to 35 W season and NCAA title, with 3 straight comeback W over 30+ W teams in the final 3 games.

2003 was his second best coaching. 32-4 record and #1 ranking plus 19-0 versus SEC teams.

This year, I don't view as great coaching (yet).

I'm with ya

Top Bottom