Tubby @ UK

“If (Barnhart) said, ‘look, can we get $5 million together to buy-out Tubby?’ it’d be done in less than 48 hours,” said one donor who has both the means and the desire to help make it happen. “Everyone just wants to know, where is this (program) headed? Where is this going?”

The difference between the have's and have-nots?

I love these threads after a loss. What a bunch of garbage. That's the same stuff they have over on those old anti Tubby forums. I know Tubby's years at UK as well, and half of that stuff is just garbage. Each case is different. It's not as cut and dry. And that's a total lie about Tayshaun Prince wanting to go to UCLA. Also, Hayes didn't want to go to Kansas either. If you're gonna post this garbage, you better back up with some quotes and links from the actual players themselves saying that. You didn't even bother to list where you got this info. Some of the racist, hayseed Kentucky fans that hated Tubby from day 1 formed a site and put this kinda crap on there.

I could go through each case and tell the backstory and it's not as it seems. If Tubby was that bad, he wouldn't have lasted 10 years in that pressure cooker.

There's nothing to be confused about. All programs have transfers and issues. No coach is perfect. No player is perfect. Tubby was there for 10 years, so of course it's easy to list something every year that makes it look worse than it is. Some of that stuff you listed is just factually incorrect. They're spun to make Tubby look bad. I mean, you even listed Cory Sears!! He was a freaking walk-on!! Who gives a rats ass if a walk on leaves the program?? There is no proof at all about Jason Parker and drugs. I was at UK at that time and I've never heard of that before. He flunked out after sitting out due to an ACL tear. And he had to transfer to S. Carolina. That's just a lie about drug use.

I'm sorry, but your post is really ridiculous. You should research it yourself before posting it in a forum as fact.

“If (Barnhart) said, ‘look, can we get $5 million together to buy-out Tubby?’ it’d be done in less than 48 hours,” said one donor who has both the means and the desire to help make it happen. “Everyone just wants to know, where is this (program) headed? Where is this going?”

The difference between the have's and have-nots?

His last 5 years at UK yielded 131-40. Had #1 team in 2003.
His first 5 years at UK yielded 132-43. Had #1 team in 1998.

He was African-American coach during both 5 year timeframes.

That may have had more to do with a $5 million buyout than the slight difference in W-L records.

When he left in 2007, he took $0 buyout to do so.

I love these threads after a loss. What a bunch of garbage. That's the same stuff they have over on those old anti Tubby forums. I know Tubby's years at UK as well, and half of that stuff is just garbage. Each case is different. It's not as cut and dry. And that's a total lie about Tayshaun Prince wanting to go to UCLA. Also, Hayes didn't want to go to Kansas either. If you're gonna post this garbage, you better back up with some quotes and links from the actual players themselves saying that. You didn't even bother to list where you got this info. Some of the racist, hayseed Kentucky fans that hated Tubby from day 1 formed a site and put this kinda crap on there.

I could go through each case and tell the backstory and it's not as it seems. If Tubby was that bad, he wouldn't have lasted 10 years in that pressure cooker.

By golly, that's very accurate.

There's nothing to be confused about. All programs have transfers and issues. No coach is perfect. No player is perfect. Tubby was there for 10 years, so of course it's easy to list something every year that makes it look worse than it is. Some of that stuff you listed is just factually incorrect. They're spun to make Tubby look bad. I mean, you even listed Cory Sears!! He was a freaking walk-on!! Who gives a rats ass if a walk on leaves the program?? There is no proof at all about Jason Parker and drugs. I was at UK at that time and I've never heard of that before. He flunked out after sitting out due to an ACL tear. And he had to transfer to S. Carolina. That's just a lie about drug use.

I'm sorry, but your post is really ridiculous. You should research it yourself before posting it in a forum as fact.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/playertransferfromuk.html Tubby had 14 transfers in 10 years.

UK has had 12 transfers in the 4 years since he left.

Top Bottom