Tubby needs to recruit a top flight point guard---and now

Doc1001

Reaction score
Nolen was recruited by Monson. Who has Tubby brought in? Cobbs? That hasnt worked out. How many points did Ahmanisi get last night? Does he have big time potential? Is Andre Hollins really a point guard? He may be more of a shooting guard. That is risky. That has been Tubbys main failing. Not sure why he cant get that point guard.

He had one in bryant allen. But figured when devoe and al were both playing he didn't need him and said he wouldn't be inviting him back for this year.

He needed one last year. I think he thought CJ was going to come here and when he didn't Tubby ended up with Mav.

He needed one last year. I think he thought CJ was going to come here and when he didn't Tubby ended up with Mav.

Good Point. All these retards are coming out of the cracks assuming you can just pick up a guy off the scrap heap to play.

We NEED more than a POINT GUARD!

We not only need a ball handler, but we need some outside scoring threats. Austin Hollins may become that (he kind of reminds me of Quincey Lewis early in his career). Andre Hollins and Joe Coleman may provide it too. I believe a team needs at least two decent outside threats to stop defenses from packing the lane. That will help eliminate some of the double teams the big guys see as soon as they touch the ball. Having Mo back taking the top of the key three (and making them) wouldn't hurt either.

It is just so hard to watch a team that had so much potential suffer due to injuries and immaturity.:(

We not only need a ball handler, but we need some outside scoring threats. Austin Hollins may become that (he kind of reminds me of Quincey Lewis early in his career). Andre Hollins and Joe Coleman may provide it too. I believe a team needs at least two decent outside threats to stop defenses from packing the lane. That will help eliminate some of the double teams the big guys see as soon as they touch the ball. Having Mo back taking the top of the key three (and making them) wouldn't hurt either.

It is just so hard to watch a team that had so much potential suffer due to injuries and immaturity.:(

Andre has a picture perfect jumper. But he has been missing very badly lately. He is not getting squared up to the basket before he shoots.

What we need is a small forward who can step outside and score. I'm hooping Oto or Halverson can help us there. I know Halverson is a walk on. But, he was the No. 1 High school player in the state a couple years ago. I'm pulling for this hometown kid.

I know Mo can shoot. But I don't look for him to be one of our 3 point guys. I do think that He and Eliason will be a better duo in the paint than Sampson and Iverson.

Top Bottom