Our only possible saving grace

gopherphan

Reaction score
Is that the NCAA selection committee takes into account major injuries and evaluates teams based on how they played when the hurt players were in the lineup. With Al we've played some great games, without its been atrocious. Now this is all assuming Al will be back for the BTT

Or just winning 4 of the remaining 6 games on the schedule and locking in a berth on merit in the first place. These guys still control their own destiny, regardless of how bleak things look.

And then what? Another first round loss? Simply making the tournament isn't enough anymore.

Well, we got in last year even though we beat tOSU without Evan Turner.

Wouldn't the committee only take injuries into account if the injured player(s) will be returning for the tournament? If the injured player doesn't return, then the team still isn't at full strength and shouldn't be in the tournament. I'd rather have a mid-major playing at 100% that could pull off an upset.

Wouldn't the committee only take injuries into account if the injured player(s) will be returning for the tournament? If the injured player doesn't return, then the team still isn't at full strength and shouldn't be in the tournament. I'd rather have a mid-major playing at 100% that could pull off an upset.

did you read the last line?

I'm hoping the early season wins over top 10 teams helps them into the tournament. I don't think they are out just yet but another loss or two or three would surely bounce them off the bad side of the bubble. I guess right now my maroon colored glasses would have them on the bubble but in.

Top Bottom