Well, there's a reason why

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
... MSU is in first place. I hope some of you weren't thinking the Gophers were actually better than MSU, even without Morgan. Tubby's got one recruiting class under this belt, Izzo's been there forever.

Let's face it, you have to expect a team that got embarassed at home by Northwestern and Penn State was going to come out with a fire under them.

Exactly - I've been nervous about this all week. Not enough practice time in the week to prepare to play against an angry bear!

Exactly - I've been nervous about this all week. Not enough practice time in the week to prepare to play against an angry bear!

Gophers were embarrased. 42-16 at half. Looked like park/rec vs Celtics.

Shouldnt the team be expected to at least show up?

That is a good point about continuity by Oglethorpe. This team has seen so many changes and is constantly searching for offensive identity. It will come. I think Tubby has this crew ahead of schedule.

On the other hand, it was hard to see us turn the ball over so often in the first 10 minutes and for us to look so timid. I was waiting for us to get pissed off and get physical. Guess you can't out-muscle the Big Dog. They took us out behind the woodshed last night, eh?

OUCH No team in the country was going to beat msu lastnight. Too much motovation for them to play the way they did. Take it as a learning experiance and prepare for indiana on sat. Go Gophers!

Melbo, I believe you mean Ohio State on Saturday.

I for One

am convinced. MSU is better than us, this year. OUCH, watching that game hurt. I thought Tubby handled the beat down with class during and after the game. He stopped and had a short firendly chat with Izzo during the hand shaking. My only hope is the boys recover in time to play Saturday night.

DR DON , My bad, yes I meant to say Ohio state not Indiana. Thanks for the heads up. I know that losses like last night are hard to take but that said I love watching the rebuilding process with all it,s ups and downs

The cream rises to the top. MSU rendered our best players useless. Guys like Nolen, DJ, Westbrook, Sampson were ineffective, frustated and ended up on the bench. Players like Joesph, Carter and Hoff and Iverson, to a lesser extent, did their best to meet the challenge.

Nolen is a loose cannon, can not manage an offense against pressure D and can only go to his left. His only strength are his quick hands.

I would like to see Joseph & Carter start and get more PT and start.

OSU

Even though Ohio State is a similiar athletic team like Michigan State, at least they are not as experienced. We should have a better chance.

However, if Tubby starts the 2 bigs we'll be in trouble right from the start. One of those two will have to guard either Turner or Buford probably and they will have no chance. My fear is we will get into a big hole again and be unable to get out.

I still don't know why they have to start.

Is Tubby thinking more about next year than this year?

Top Bottom