G4L's guy Sampson banned from NCAA for 5 years

And the mess Sampson left behind. ...

is really starting to show now that the Hoosiers are playing against good competition in Maui. Yikes, they're getting killed again, this time by Saint Joe's 72-45 with about 6 minutes left. Big 10 teams better get the Hoosiers while they're down. They won't be down long.

I have a lot of respect for Indiana and their tradition.

But this year looks like its going to be nothing short of a mess. I think they'll be able to gut out some wins with good defense and slowing tempo, but overall, it's going to be tough.

Fortunately for them, most Hoosier fans seemed pretty resigned to that fact and are setting expectations accordingly.

They are pretty much starting from the ground up and they know it, which in situations like this, can be pretty helpful.

How many games better should MN be than IU

Appears that MN is in a much, much better situation than IU.

Indiana already has a top recruiting class coming in next season. Crean is a good coach, that program is well supported, and the Indiana name still holds a lot of prestige. They will be back soon.

I can't believe they avoided a more serious penalty. A ban on postseason play this year is no penalty. IU hired a known cheater. He cheats and they want to claim innocence. Laughable.

I can't believe they avoided a more serious penalty. A ban on postseason play this year is no penalty. IU hired a known cheater. He cheats and they want to claim innocence. Laughable.

I'm not sure if they're banned this year--all I saw was probation, and I agree that if there is a ban this year, it's meaningless. But you're ignoring all the penalties Indiana imposed on itself. It was the self-imposition of penalties that cuased the NCAA to back off.

THe biggest penalty of all might be that they have to start over with both recruiting and all new players. Essentially kicking everybody off the team is a pretty big penalty and the school and fans will pay the price this year. I'm actually glad the NCAA didn't go much farther because I really hate to see penalties that hurt kids that had nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom