If it is any encouragement today

calminnfan

Reaction score
A lot of ranked teams either have already been beaten or are currently behind today, and they have all been beaten by teams of lower rankings if ranked at all. It happens and Tubby needs to learn to trust and how to better utilize the smaller players on the team with Nolan out and they will need to step it up.

I feel like I'm :horse:, but the truth is that it REALLY is tough to win on the road. Even "The Jimmer" knows what I mean!

"The Jimmer" has such a nasty crossover/step back jump shot that it's almost unguardable. Very impressive college player. Makes me want to watch all of the BYU games. CBS has a gold mine with him during March Madness.

A lot of ranked teams either have already been beaten or are currently behind today, and they have all been beaten by teams of lower rankings if ranked at all. It happens and Tubby needs to learn to trust and how to better utilize the smaller players on the team with Nolan out and they will need to step it up.
All due respect, but everyone was just raving about the great job Tubby did with the three bigs in there at the same time in the last game they played. In the big picture of things the Gophers played Purdue twice, they came out of the two meetings with a split. If someone told you at the beginning of the year you'd get a split with the Boilermakers, I think most people would have taken it. Also by the "small players" I assume you mean Chip, Austin and Mav. All three works in progress.

Agree a split with Purdue is not too bad. Purdue is a upper end B10 team, about the same level as MN (maybe a little better). Nothing wrong with a split.
I think the only B10 team head and shoulders above MN is OSU.

I too am happy with the split yet this was a winnable game against a team slightly ahead of us in the standings. Win and we're sitting pretty for a top three finish in the Big Ten.

Just saying - a win would have brought the program up yet another level, something more than a bubble team or mid seeded tourney team. I didn't expect to win but if we did, man would we really be looking good right now.

Top Bottom