classy move by moore

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
throwing the ball up at the end of the game, totally classless, the ball coming down with time left on the clock makes him look even more deushy

He was trying to time it to not get a shot clock violation. He could have just taken a jumpshot, but that would have been worse in my opinion. I have absolutely zero problem with it.

It was the shot clock thing. Although I'm not exactly sure what the point was.

Blake

It was the shot clock thing. Although I'm not exactly sure what the point was.

He was worried Blake might make one of his sitting on his rear end 13 point shots at the buzzer!

:D

if it was a shot clock thing, throwing it straight up in the air still equals=shot clock violation. so thats not it.

Man you're a baby.

While I wouldn't complain about it, I don't mind it, it was very odd.

If it is the shot clock violation issue then he needs to re-read the rules of basketball.

If he was doing it to show excitement over a good win, fine, especially after getting DESTROYED at OSU ... I can imagine he was happy to win a tough game against a good team.

if it was a shot clock thing, throwing it straight up in the air still equals=shot clock violation. so thats not it.

If you release it before the buzzer sounds and the clock expires when the shot is in mid-air, are they going to go back and put time on the clock? Serious question. I thought that the violation isn't actually called until the shot misses the rim.

In any case, Moore was obviously looking at the clock and trying to time it when he did it, so I still have no problem with it.

What if he would've driven the lane and dunked at the buzzer like Westbrook did a few years ago vs. Wisconsin? I was there.

If he had shot it at the basket you'd be complaining too.

The proper move there is to just dribble it out and take the shot clock violation and hand the ball to the ref.

I am not sure why he threw it in the air, but if it was the shot clock thing, I hope he doesn't try it in a close game (see: Morris Peterson in the NBA) so he may want to re-read the rules.

I am guessing he was just excited to win, didn't realize the shot clock, and was just happy to win. It was a tough physical game between two very good teams. When you win games like that, its exciting - especially coming off of a huge loss.

While I wouldn't complain about it, I don't mind it, it was very odd.

If it is the shot clock violation issue then he needs to re-read the rules of basketball.

If he was doing it to show excitement over a good win, fine, especially after getting DESTROYED at OSU ... I can imagine he was happy to win a tough game against a good team.

I don't think that was it. He had another so-so line today, and can't be that excited about his play. Most overrated player in the Big Ten IMO. Gotta wonder where his game has gone. Johnson on the other hand should be Big Ten player of the year.

The proper move there is to just dribble it out and take the shot clock violation and hand the ball to the ref.

I am not sure why he threw it in the air, but if it was the shot clock thing, I hope he doesn't try it in a close game (see: Morris Peterson in the NBA) so he may want to re-read the rules.

I am guessing he was just excited to win, didn't realize the shot clock, and was just happy to win. It was a tough physical game between two very good teams. When you win games like that, its exciting - especially coming off of a huge loss.
He clearly didn't know the rule and figured if it was in the air the clock would keep running.

I guarantee that had nothing to do with the excitement of beating Minnesota at home. Especially considering how bad he was.

Heard Steve thompson on wcco talking about mackey arena. He said it is a classless place. The fans are rude, the ushers are rude and it is a awful place to watch a bb game.

Heard Steve thompson on wcco talking about mackey arena. He said it is a classless place. The fans are rude, the ushers are rude and it is a awful place to watch a bb game.
lmao

What if he would've driven the lane and dunked at the buzzer like Westbrook did a few years ago vs. Wisconsin? I was there.

I had no problem with what Moore did. To me he was just trying to run out the clock. I did not like Westbrook's attempted slam.

k i like westbrooks slam, cause it was wisconsin. :) hipcritcal yes, but i would understand if moore dunked on indiana up by 12 with 2 seconds left. gotta give it to the rivals

MNBoiler which team did you decide to root for today? :)

I am eager for JaJuan Johnson to leave and for Purdue to return to mediocrity for years to come. The guy was simply the best player on the floor and it wasn't even close.

I am eager for JaJuan Johnson to leave and for Purdue to return to mediocrity for years to come. The guy was simply the best player on the floor and it wasn't even close.

Purdue, easy. It's alma mater.

And Purdue will not be mediocre next year. While they are losing JJ and Moore, Hummel will be coming back, as will everyone else. Most of the B1G talent this year is seniors that were are 2nd round to undrafted in the NBA so they came back(JJ, Moore, Lucas, Battle, McCamey, Lighty, Diebler, Leuer, etc) with all those guys gone(and assuming Sullinger leaves) Purdue will be compete for a B1G title.

I know I might be a little biased but I think JJ should be getting more NPOY buzz than he has been getting, he is that good.

I know I might be a little biased but I think JJ should be getting more NPOY buzz than he has been getting, he is that good.

Although you are probably biased, I don't disagree. I hate to give players of other teams a huge amount of credit during the game while we are playing them but there were multiple times in the second half yesterday where i said out loud "damn that kid is good!"

Who cares. We got beat. All this talk about hurting feelings by running up the score is bunk. I can understand being upset at it in high school and younger, but these players are all legally adults. They're men. You don't want to get run over? Play better.

Same thing with "stealing" recruits.

Although you are probably biased, I don't disagree. I hate to give players of other teams a huge amount of credit during the game while we are playing them but there were multiple times in the second half yesterday where i said out loud "damn that kid is good!"

Yep. Without Johnson we beat Purdue twice and neither time it's too in doubt. He's a very good player.

Who cares. We got beat. All this talk about hurting feelings by running up the score is bunk. I can understand being upset at it in high school and younger, but these players are all legally adults. They're men. You don't want to get run over? Play better.

Same thing with "stealing" recruits.

Thank you. If they can't handle this then they shouldn't sign up to play D-1 athletics.

He's about 20lbs away from being a terrific NBA player. I'm not sure why he's projected so late in the first round and Tubby Sullinger is supposed to go #1.

Top Bottom