Caution--Are we just a bubble team again?

millions2spare

Krav-Maga
Reaction score
With efforts like this against Purdue, are we just a bubble team again? Can we win on the road anyplace the rest of the way? The lack of a point guard making us turn-over prone, and any ability to shoot outside is going to make us very one dimensional. The rest of the teams will have an easy time crafting a game plan to beat us.

Stupid.jpg

Not a bubble team. If we lose at Indiana, then maybe.

With efforts like this against Purdue, are we just a bubble team again? Can we win on the road anyplace the rest of the way? The lack of a point guard making us turn-over prone, and any ability to shoot outside is going to make us very one dimensional. The rest of the teams will have an easy time crafting a game plan to beat us.

@ Indiana and @ Iowa should both be wins, I'll count @ NW as a win as well. @ Penn State will be interesting.

Should win at home against Penn State and Michigan, OSU will be a loss, and MSU and Illinois will be interesting.

Worst Case scenario: 10-8
Best Case scenario: 13-5

9-9 is not the end of the world, 9-9 might be a bubble team before the B10 tourney, but if (and a great big IF) Al comes back for the tourney, we could add some more wins to the resume.

I think they are too one dimesional. Purdue has some nice shooters and you can see what the three point shot can do for a team when they get hot. I worry if we get down again that we cant recover because we cant shoot from outside. It is hard to come back on a team when you use the shot clock and try to work the ball inside all the time. That being said the only gimme loss for the gophs the rest of the way is against Ohio State. It would be nice if they could beat Illinois and win at Penn State or Northwestern,

You cannot count on a win at Indiana, based on what I saw against Illinois. For some reason, IOWA may be due for an upset. . Unless we find someone who can shoot with range, wins are going to be hard to come by. Also, Iverson still has the hardest hands in the big ten. He just has not developed at all. He is a Nice kid, but should be playing for South Dakota state.

sorry but 9-9 or 10- 8 puts us on the bubble.......

@ Indiana and @ Iowa should both be wins. @ Penn State will be interesting.

Should win at home against Penn State and Michigan, OSU will be a loss, and MSU and Illinois will be interesting.

Worst Case scenario: 9-9
Best Case scenario: 12-6

9-9 is not the end of the world, 9-9 might be a bubble team before the B10 tourney, but if (and a great big IF) Al comes back for the tourney, we could add some more wins to the resume.

If we play the same as today we'll beat Indiana easily and we may beat OSU at home. The timing is right for them ot have an off night and the Barn will be wired. We looked pretty good today- I would guess Purdue played their best game of the year. Lewis jackson getting hot from the three point line is a killer - he's not a 3 point shooter.

You cannot count on a win at Indiana, based on what I saw against Illinois. For some reason, IOWA may be due for an upset. . Unless we find someone who can shoot with range, wins are going to be hard to come by. Also, Iverson still has the hardest hands in the big ten. He just has not developed at all. He is a Nice kid, but should be playing for South Dakota state.

Wow you are an idiot.

one dimensional doesn't mean you will lose. Iowa, etc. may KNOW how to stop Trevor and Ralph, but CAN they? I don't think so.

And 9-9 or 10-8 doesn't necessarily mean bubble with wins over #8UNC, West Virginia and #8Purdue. Plus, Gophers have a very good RPI right now. MUCH better than last seasons.

Hoping Al makes it back for the B10 tourney tho and we can come together and win it.

Z - Stein----tell me why I am wrong? Where do the Gophers finish in the Big ten if they are 9-9? Tell me.....then tell me why they would not be a bubble team........

If your bubble consists of about 40 teams with 20 in and 20 out....then yes, they would definitely be on the bubble.

This guys bit is to be real negative right? If you look at where UNC and West Virg are in the RPIs those two wins are looking to be really solid. We still have a chance at home mind you to add 3 top 40 RPI wins. Do i think they will win all 3 not necessarily but two out of three isn't bad.

If we play the same as today we'll beat Indiana easily and we may beat OSU at home. The timing is right for them ot have an off night and the Barn will be wired. We looked pretty good today- I would guess Purdue played their best game of the year. Lewis jackson getting hot from the three point line is a killer - he's not a 3 point shooter.

I forgot @NW in my post, but I think we win that one as well.

Purdue played well, MN played sloppy, but Purdue's defense was a big part of that.

Z - Stein----tell me why I am wrong? Where do the Gophers finish in the Big ten if they are 9-9? Tell me.....then tell me why they would not be a bubble team........

9-9 would put us on the bubble, I agree with you there, although I don't see it happening. However, 10-8 would not put us on the bubble. Not even close.

And the hate on Iverson is ridiculous. He may not be a big 10 star, but he is a very good player. He is clumsy at times and has hands problems, but he does more than enough to make up for that.

The only time we will lose the rest of this regular season is if we...
a) get in foul trouble
or
b) a team gets hot against us

With the exception of are upcoming game against OSU, that is the only way we will lose the rest of the year. So, no, were not close to being a bubble team.

The OP is typically negative, but really is reaching today. The Gophers WILL make the tournament. No doubt about it. The OP could have a point if the NCAA was strong. The SEC and ACC are terrible. The B10 and the Big East are the best conferences in America. The mid-major conferences, save the Mountain West, are also terrible. If you think Minnesota will be a bubble team, then you better back it up and come up with a team that could steal our bid in a larger NCAA field.

10-8 they are in. 9-9 and a first round loss in the B10 tourney, dicey. The B10 is only going to get 5-6 teams in the tourney this year. MSU has played awful and they are definitely on the bubble.

Geeze I thought we could actually have one loss @ a top 15 team without someone showing up and acting like a whiny biatch. I was wrong.

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

I can't understand how you people fall for m2s baiting by even replying to him. He does this everytime the Gophers lose, but when we win? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

blah blah blah blah. We lost to a great team, get a grip. On to Indiana!

I wonder if they rush the court again if they win...

What an idiotic post.

We went on the road in the Big Ten to play a team ranked higher than us and got beat. Kind of expected. To use this same logic Wisconsin should be out because they just lost to Penn State and they were unranked.

ulmer

Todays loss has so little to do with Iverson I can`t understand the mention. His play lately has been fine and his minutes to start the second half against Mich. were great. I realize that has nothing to do with todays loss but if you have to dig at someone maybe question Rodneys lack of prescence. We`ll be o.k. I`m really looking forward to the Buckeyes here.

Purdue is a good team. Not a bad loss. MN is still a potential bubble team. Several of you have Michigan State on the bubble. Michigan State would still make the dance before MN at this point.

Minnesota Resume:
Good W’s - North Carolina (15), West Virginia (20), Purdue (13)
Bad L’s - Virginia (136)
W’s vs. RPI over 150 - 10
SOS - 37

Michigan State Resume:
Good W’s - Minnesota (23), Wisconsin (25), Washington (22)
Bad L’s - Michigan (71)
W’s vs. RPI over 150 - 4
SOS - 3

Realtime RPI has us finishing 9-9 in the Big 10. W’s over Illinois, Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State. I believe that we will beat Indiana or Iowa but it’s still no lock to make the dance. Mid-Majors have several possible multiple bid conferences.

Top Bottom