Dawson

tap

Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about Dominique, but can he give us quality minutes if we need him?

Probably not... I love that he's sticking w/ the team as a walk-on, just don't think he'd be ready for B10 play (i.e. Indiana game missed layup)

He is scrappy and gives it 100 all the time. decent on the boards, but lacks an offensive game from what i've seen. defensively, probably not quick enough to guard wings and at 6-7 I'm not sure he has enough strength to bang with some of bigs in the conference (like Mbakwe can)

Dawson is now important

Dawson shows up for practice and keeps his nose clean. His talent level isn't as important as his willingness to work hard and be a team player. I understand when people on this board rip a player who has a tremendous amount of talent and choses to not give it his all during a game. Dawson isn't that guy. He doesn't complain about playing time and realizes his role. We are fortunate to have him, as we may encounter a game or two this year where the bench gets pretty thin. He may even help prevent us from having a four vs. five situation late in a game.

Dawson shows up for practice and keeps his nose clean. His talent level isn't as important as his willingness to work hard and be a team player. I understand when people on this board rip a player who has a tremendous amount of talent and choses to not give it his all during a game. Dawson isn't that guy. He doesn't complain about playing time and realizes his role. We are fortunate to have him, as we may encounter a game or two this year where the bench gets pretty thin. He may even help prevent us from having a four vs. five situation late in a game.

Agree. I would never rip the kid for not being that good. He just is not a good B10 player...

You need guys that challenge people in practice..that's most likely his role.

Two years from now you might be adding his name to the most surprising Gophers list. Could be Dusty II.

Dawson is a Golden Gopher, Tubby Smith is his coach. That's good enough for me.

Two years from now you might be adding his name to the most surprising Gophers list. Could be Dusty II.

Dawson is a Golden Gopher, Tubby Smith is his coach. That's good enough for me.

You never know, his hard work may pay off someday and he could be a great guy off the bench at the very least his RS Junior year. Look forward to his possible development someday! Keep working hard big guy and your opportunity may come in the future!!!

You never know, his hard work may pay off someday and he could be a great guy off the bench at the very least his RS Junior year. Look forward to his possible development someday! Keep working hard big guy and your opportunity may come in the future!!!

Tubby coached 2 walk-ons at UK who did little or nothing their first 2 years - Cameron Mills and Ravi Moss.

Both had good Jr and Sr years. Note - Tubby only coached Mills as Sr.

Played against Purdue

Had a few non-descript minutes when our bigs got in early foul trouble in the first half at Purdue.

Top Bottom