Gophs v AA

ruralgopher

Reaction score
Big series this weekend in regards to home ice for playoffs. We need to get more than 2pts this weekend with the way the schedule shakes out, I think. Hopefully Pride On Ice shows up this weekend.

On an unrelated note, how much better is hockey on TV now with the wider picture and HD? Awesome.

So so awesome. Too many hockey haters on this board. We need to sweep these hacks.

People in general need to give hockey on TV another look. It still doesn't compare to being in the arena but I think it compares favorable to basketball or football now.

I am sooo glad that they finally made the switch to HD. Watching standard definition on a big screen tv often looked like you were watching a game from the 70's. I've heard it argued and I agree that of all the sports HD adds the most to hockey.

Also agree that they need more than two points this weekend. If they want to build some momentum and get home ice they need to start now.

Terrible. The dtory of this season tonight. A few good opportunities don't go our way and the team seems to shut it down.

How much more slack is Lucia supposed to get? Losing to AA anytime anywhere is just not acceptable. This team is incapable of playing two good games in the same weekend. Apparently mediocrity has become acceptable for University of Minnesota hockey.

Of all the mediocrity in Minnesota sports right now this is the team that bothers me the most. I've been a diehard fan since the early '70's. Excellence and championships used to be the norm. I expect more from this program than what we are seeing now.

How much more slack is Lucia supposed to get? Losing to AA anytime anywhere is just not acceptable. This team is incapable of playing two good games in the same weekend. Apparently mediocrity has become acceptable for University of Minnesota hockey.

Of all the mediocrity in Minnesota sports right now this is the team that bothers me the most. I've been a diehard fan since the early '70's. Excellence and championships used to be the norm. I expect more from this program than what we are seeing now.

100% agree with everything you said. It seems like everytime they play a good game on Friday night they go out and lay an egg the next night. Its unbelievable how completely punchless this team has become over the last three years.

Its unbelievable how completely punchless this team has become over the last three years.

Weird thing is the team went in the tank at the exact moment Lucia got sick in 08-09. They were ranked third in the country right after the holiday tourney, Lucia got sick and missed the trip to North Dakota, they got swept and finished the year on a 7-10-2 run and missed the tourney for the first time since 2000.

Top Bottom