Anyone else hoping to see....

Rosemountian

Reaction score
The gophers play BYU at some point in the tourney?
(I am hoping it is in the S16 or E8 :D )

But even if it is a 2nd round game, it would be really fun to watch Rodney try to cover ferdette. I think if the gophers were playing BYU they might even consider playing a Box and 1 against him with Rodney stalking his every move.

The NBA scouts would love to see it to. Rodney may not be an NBA player right now, but his length and athleticism would be just about as good of a look NBA scouts could get on how Jimmer's scoring ability could translate to the next level.

and secondly, I would not want the gophers to play a deadly 3 point shooter like that ever. We had a hard enough time against NU.

The gophers don't have a problem with teams with a stud 3 point shooter. The gophers have problems with teams that have multiple 3 point shooters on the court.

If were playing BYU it means we won an NCAA tourney game...so I'd love to see that

Nolen couldn't guard him unless he grew gorilla arms. You cannot defend a 30 foot 3 point shooter. Get in his face and he blows by you, wait at the perimeter and he shoots. Have to hope he would miss.

I'd still love to play them though.

Not even a little bit. Jimmer would absolutely torch us.

The gophers play BYU at some point in the tourney?
(I am hoping it is in the S16 or E8 :D )

But even if it is a 2nd round game, it would be really fun to watch Rodney try to cover ferdette. I think if the gophers were playing BYU they might even consider playing a Box and 1 against him with Rodney stalking his every move.

The NBA scouts would love to see it to. Rodney may not be an NBA player right now, but his length and athleticism would be just about as good of a look NBA scouts could get on how Jimmer's scoring ability could translate to the next level.

I'm not gonna lie...I'm one of those Rodney fans. I think Rodney could guard him well too. Rodney's length could cause some problems for Ferdette. Plus, he's a mormon...I mean, c'mon.

If were playing BYU it means we won an NCAA tourney game...so I'd love to see that

Ditto lol.

And Rodney would be the only one who had a prayer in trying to contain that kid. And even then, he could easily still put up 30 if he's hitting the outside shot like he often is. The hope would be the others combine for about 25 LOL.

I'm not gonna lie...I'm one of those Rodney fans. I think Rodney could guard him well too. Rodney's length could cause some problems for Ferdette. Plus, he's a mormon...I mean, c'mon.

Even if he got torched it would be fun to watch. In the Mountain West there simply isn't any defender that can match the athleticism that he might see if BYU plays a top half big ten big 12 or Big East team. I would love to see Jimmer's skill vs Rodney's athletics.

I think if Jimmer is held below 35 in a tournament game, they lose. The rest of their roster simply isn't that great and Jimmer doesn't do much except score. (Granted he is a great scorer)

Nolen

tubby would definitely put al on him if healthy, Jimmer has not seen as quick of a defender all year, but rodney would also probably have a chance to gaurd him.

It would be fun to see, hopefully it would be in the elite 8 or later.
I would also like to see them try and stop mbakwe
GO GOPHERS!

agreed with the above comment now way Jimmer blows by Al consistently it would be a fun matchup but this gopher team beats BYU no problem

Wow we are all high on the wagon! That's not a bad thing, just don't jump off.

In my opinion we would get beat by BYU 7 out of 10 times.

Have always been on the wagon and usually am driving it.. there is no way they could handle our size inside with a bunch of 26 yr old mormons

Top Bottom