How obstructed is section 221?

sidefx182

Reaction score
Just bought tickets to the Ohio St game on gophersports.com and the only seats that had left were obstructed view. I was shocked they even had any. Are they that obstructed that they can't even sell them (except to me) for a potentiol game against the #1 team in the land?

I'd say a good majority of the "obstructed" seats aren't that obstructed.

What row? you may just not be able to see the scoreboard (but you'll have your own scoreboard just above your head)

I'm in row 12, which is pretty high. I would be fine with not seeing the scoreboard. They don't really show highlights or anything anyway. If they are horrible, I will just sneak into the student section or something. But thanks for the heads up, I was a little worried. I didn't want to be sitting behind a pole or something.

It is probably obstructed view because the hoop and/or shotclock on your end of the court partially blocks your view of a portion of the court. Since you are 221 you are not directly behind the hoop. It is likely that the hoop partially blocks your view of the corner directly across from you.

My mother sat one section over about that high up and said she had a great view of the court but no scoreboard. I'd guess they are fine, you might need to occasionally lean if anything, but you'd be in the building for the biggest game in 2 decades (that counts) so that has to count for something, right?

Yeah, like I said, I don't mind the scoreboard thing, or even leaning a little bit. I'm just excited to go. The place better be rocking, which I'm sure it will be. If they do stay at #1, do the students rush the court? I know it's hard to get up there, never had to the chance to do it when I was in the student section. Or would it even be acceptable since we could very well be close to the top 10 if we beat Purdue and IU before that.

U of M security will try to stop the storming of the court. But I think if the gophers actually win the game, much like the Iowa football game, the security will be overrun.

They will arrest a token guy or two.

You might have to remain seated. Standing may block your view.;)

Sorry, I just had to.

You might have to remain seated. Standing may block your view.;)

Sorry, I just had to.

I have a feeling, if there is a row behind row 12, people are going to be upset, because I will be standing and yelling my lungs out ha. If it is lame up there, I'm moving down to the student section. I'm assuming they don't check student ID's once in the building correct? At least they didn't 2 years ago.

From the Barn has a lot of first hand knowledge when it comes to bad seats in that joint, but you might want to do some stretching before you go to the game, just in case you need exercise your flexibility for optimal viewing. Also, schedule a neck massage for Monday morning.

From the Barn has a lot of first hand knowledge when it comes to bad seats in that joint, but you might want to do some stretching before you go to the game, just in case you need exercise your flexibility for optimal viewing. Also, schedule a neck massage for Monday morning.

You think they are that bad?

Thanks for the info guys. All I know is the Barn better be sold out!

GW

GW,

I can't wait to see your reaction to the seats in Section 201 !

:D

Top Bottom