Rivals.com has Gophers as a #7 seed

I do like Bracketology101's questions for Saturday though-

It's getting to be * that * time of the year. :clap:

Here's what we're wondering heading into this weekend's games:

Saturday's Games
Will the Big East be down to a 9 bid league on Monday? If Marquette (vs. Syracuse on Saturday) and St. John's (vs. Duke on Sunday) both lose this weekend, it probably will be.

Can Northwestern shock the world and hand the Buckeyes their first loss?

Does UConn deserve a spot on the 1 line if they beat Louisville?

How awesome would it be if Thomas Robinson had a career day for the Jayhawks against Kansas State?

Can BYU avoid a SDSU hangover and beat New Mexico in The Pit?

What could Jimmer Fredette possibly do for an encore?

Has any team looked better over the last 10 days than Texas? Can the Longhorns picked up a fourth straight quality win by beating Missouri?

Can Pitt and Texas A&M fight off the upset bug that has run rampant throughout the power conferences this week and win at Rutgers and at Nebraska?

Does San Diego State stay on the 2 line with a win at home over Wyoming?

Can Villanova avoid an 0-2 week and beat Georgetown at home?

Can St. Mary's avoid a letdown after their thriller against Gonzaga and win what should be a tough game at Portland?

Which side of the bubble do the Zags deserve to be on? Will a decent OOC resume and a pillow-soft bubble be enough to keep them in next week?

Is Penn State worthy of an at-large if they beat Wisconsin?

Can Kentucky exact some revenge on Georgia? Can Purdue do the same to Minnesota?

Will Florida State pass a tricky road test at Clemson?

Does Richmond deserve to be the lowest-seeded A-10 team if they beat Xavier?

Will the loser of the Colorado-Baylor game ever be heard from again?

Assuming they both win on Saturday, who should be higher on the S-curve - Florida or Vandy?

Can UCLA get back on track after losing pretty easily to Arizona on Thursday? Should the Bruins stary in the bracket if they lose to the woeful Sun Devils?

Does the Horizon deserve two bids? If Butler wins at Valpo and Cleveland State wins at Loyola (IL), that might be the case on Monday.

Does C-USA deserve two bids? If Memphis wins at Marshall and UAB wins at UCF, that might be the case on Monday, too.

Will Oklahoma State ever win a road game in conference?

Can Cincinnati get its first win over a tourney-caliber Big East team?

Can Colorado State stay on the bubble and get a road win at Utah?

With the bubble so weak right now, does Utah State have a legitimate shot at an at-large? Can the Aggies run their current win streak to 15 at Hawaii on Saturday?

Brackets50 has us an average 6 seed.

I think that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves this early though.

Just saying. :)

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

One of my favorite sites on the web this time of year. Along with Selection Sunday and his thoughts on Gopherhole, I highly recommend this as another go-to place to follow who is on the bubble/who to cheer for/root against.

Can Northwestern shock the world and hand the Buckeyes their first loss?
NO

Does UConn deserve a spot on the 1 line if they beat Louisville?
NO

How awesome would it be if Thomas Robinson had a career day for the Jayhawks against Kansas State?
I don't really care

Can BYU avoid a SDSU hangover and beat New Mexico in The Pit?
Yes

What could Jimmer Fredette possibly do for an encore?
Score 38+ get 1 rebound and 0 assists

Has any team looked better over the last 10 days than Texas? Can the Longhorns picked up a fourth straight quality win by beating Missouri?
Ohio State has looked equally as good and if they were in a conference the national media likes you would hear about it.

Can Pitt and Texas A&M fight off the upset bug that has run rampant throughout the power conferences this week and win at Rutgers and at Nebraska?
Yes and Yes

Does San Diego State stay on the 2 line with a win at home over Wyoming?
No

Can Villanova avoid an 0-2 week and beat Georgetown at home?
Yes

Can St. Mary's avoid a letdown after their thriller against Gonzaga and win what should be a tough game at Portland?
Yes

Which side of the bubble do the Zags deserve to be on? Will a decent OOC resume and a pillow-soft bubble be enough to keep them in next week?
They deserve to be on the bad side right now, but if they win all the games they should win they will play themselves in.

Is Penn State worthy of an at-large if they beat Wisconsin?
No, but they can get themselves firmly into the bubble conversation....right now they are hardly being mentioned.

Can Kentucky exact some revenge on Georgia? Can Purdue do the same to Minnesota?
Yes and No

Will Florida State pass a tricky road test at Clemson?
Maybe

Does Richmond deserve to be the lowest-seeded A-10 team if they beat Xavier?
Probably

Will the loser of the Colorado-Baylor game ever be heard from again?
Not if it is Colorado

Assuming they both win on Saturday, who should be higher on the S-curve - Florida or Vandy?
Vandy
What's the S-curve?

Can UCLA get back on track after losing pretty easily to Arizona on Thursday? Should the Bruins stary in the bracket if they lose to the woeful Sun Devils?
No

Does the Horizon deserve two bids? If Butler wins at Valpo and Cleveland State wins at Loyola (IL), that might be the case on Monday.
Cleveland State could be an at-large team right now IMO. Butler may need to win the tourney.

Does C-USA deserve two bids? If Memphis wins at Marshall and UAB wins at UCF, that might be the case on Monday, too.
UCF would definitely be an at-large. Memphis could be potentially.

Will Oklahoma State ever win a road game in conference?
Probably

Can Cincinnati get its first win over a tourney-caliber Big East team?

Can Colorado State stay on the bubble and get a road win at Utah?
No

With the bubble so weak right now, does Utah State have a legitimate shot at an at-large? Can the Aggies run their current win streak to 15 at Hawaii on Saturday?
Yes and Yes

Gophers need an unexpected win like beating Purdue in West Lafayette or beating OSU at Williams. We need to win ALL of the games we should and steal one of the 2 I mention above. If we do that, we should wind up 12-6 in the Conference and 23-7 overall...Win the 4-5 game in the Big Ten tourney, lose to OSU in the Semifinals and finish 24-8....Good enough for a 4 or 5 seed.

I Think Gophers Will Be 8 Or 9 Seed

I'm guessing 20 or 21 W in regular season and 1 or 2 W in B10 tourney. About 22 or 23 W on Selection Sunday (March 13, 2011).

Gophers need an unexpected win like beating Purdue in West Lafayette or beating OSU at Williams. We need to win ALL of the games we should and steal one of the 2 I mention above. If we do that, we should wind up 12-6 in the Conference and 23-7 overall...Win the 4-5 game in the Big Ten tourney, lose to OSU in the Semifinals and finish 24-8....Good enough for a 4 or 5 seed.

Gophers hand OSU their first loss. I'm callin it...so be it.

UCF

After the hot start with wins over the Florida schools, UCF is 1-5 and dead last in a weak C-USA. UCF is not a viable at-large candidate at this point of the season. They've successfully "erased" all the good will they earned during their pre-conference schedule.

I suppose you are right. If they win out except the Conf- USA tourney are they an at large?

Top Bottom